Gap personnel acting as recruitment agency are recruiting for a skilled workshop operative for our client based on the outskirts of Swindon during an exciting time of growth. They specialise in manufacturing of furniture for various projects, the role is full time and on permanent basis.
Working hours are predominately 0800-1700 (42.5 hours per week), however due to the nature of the business you will be required to visits sites across the country to install our clients products. On occasion and mainly during the summer periods you may need to stay away for a maximum of 3 weeks. When you stay away you will be travelling with a team and be paid a £20 per night food supplement & accommodation.
Pay rate is negotiable depending on experience but will be around £24862.5 per annum.
The Role involves
- Satisfactory completion of assembly work and prepping work, ensuring quality standards are met and you are following customers specification
- Operation of various tools and equipment in a safe manner to include drills, tablesaw, circular saw and varnishing equipment.
- Satisfactory installation of products to the standard, specification and timescales of the client
- Follow H&S and set a good example within the workplace
- Quality checking finished products
- Have a full driving license and be over the age of 21 due to insurance
- Have own transport due to our clients rural location
- NVQ Level 2 in carpentry or the equivalent in experience
- Be analytical and have the ability to problem solve
- Be able to work under pressure to strict timescales without compromising quality
- Be a strong communicator and be comfortable working within a small team
- Have a can do attitude and be keen to learn new skills
- Ideally be first aid trained but if not our client will offer this
- Ideally have multi-directional forklift but if not training will be provided
Our client is interviewing now for this role with an immediate start for the right person.