Stores Operative / Stores Person
Newton Abbot, Devon
gap personnel are currently partnering a specialist fabrication and manufacturing company based on the outskirts of Newton Abbot. We are currently looking to recruit 5 stores operatives / stores person for their busy manufacturing site in Newton Abbot. You will be part of a large business that are market-leaders in the design, adaptation, manufacturing and production of specialist vehicles ready for UK and European distribution. The stores department is fundamental to the success of the business to ensure that there is a consistent flow and replenishment of stock.
For the stores role you will be responsible for:
- Liaising with multiple departments to ensure correct stock levels of parts
- Checking in / booking in stock
- Reading job sheets and identifying correct stock parks
- Raising department purchase orders
- Stock taking / stock control / stock management
- Stock replenishment, maintaining area cleanliness and organisation
- Accurate recording of stock, order picking and distribution sheets
- Booking in and out accurately of all stock parts
- Ensuring a steady workflow of stock to ensure production hit their customer delivery targets
You will require a high level of manual handling and excellent communication due to the nature of this position. This role is able to offer a 12 week temp to perm to the successful candidate who can demonstrate their commitment to the business with their timekeeping and attendance record.
Full training will be provided ongoing with career opportunities available as they become available.
Working Monday to Friday, (NO WEEKENDS) with your main hours being 8am-4.30pm. You will be provided with onsite parking, canteen, and in a well presented, modern manufacturing facility. The site prides itself on its culture and putting you at the forefront of their business.
£8.75p/h - £9.00p/h dependant on experience