Our client is currently looking to recruit a Stores Administrator to join their team based in Chester on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Stores and Despatch Manager you will be responsible for controlling stock in and out of the company, booking all shipments and goods received. You will also oversee the security of all materials stored on the company site and support the Stores and Despatch Manager in all duties across two factories.
Pay & Hours of Work
- Monday – Thursday 7am-4:30pm / Friday 7am-11:30am
- £9.33 per hour rising to £10.41 per hour following completion of probation period
- Ensure that health, safety and quality standards are complied with, including CLAW Regulations and specific duties under them.
- Safety and security of all stock on site.
- Controlling access to the Stores area as necessary.
- Receipt of internal (finished goods) and external (supplier) deliveries into Stores.
- Completing subsequent documentation/actions.
- Produce all shipping documentation using the relevant systems to ensure goods are transferred to couriers in accordance with current UK export compliance and UK domestic shipping laws and regulations.
- Maintenance of adequate and appropriate stock levels of all site consumables and packing materials required by the company.
- Receive, locate, and issue goods to production area on request.
- Preparation and planning of goods out utilising Excel spreadsheets.
- Ensuring that all goods are packed securely and safely ready for despatch.
- Ensure all paperwork is correct, including advice notes, and any special instructions etc, prior to despatch.
- General stores duties – picking/packing, creation of despatch/advice notes and ensuring all are in order on a daily basis.
- Participation in weekly, monthly and annual stocktakes.
- Any other duties commensurate with the position.
- Current/valid Counterbalance & Reach FLT Licence – Essential
- Excellent organisation/time management/communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal/external customers
- Experienced with stock management systems and databases
- Excellent administration skills with the ability to look at improving working practices.
- Proficient in the use of production machinery and power tools
- 5 x GCSE or equivalent Grade C or above including Maths & English
- Computer Literate to an Intermediate Level (Microsoft Office/Excel)
- 3 – 4 years relevant experience in similar position
- Strong team work background
- Conscientious and hardworking individual who has the ability to work effectively with attention to detail in a fast-moving environment, whilst maintaining accuracy at all times
- Resilient, with the ability to work to tight deadlines and multitask
- Office/Production Warehouse based environment
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.