|Salary:||£19,266 + £45 Per Sleep-In|
|Contact Name:||Joseph Haselgrove|
Support Workers – Learning Disabilities
We have just had an exciting position become available for a keen and motivated support worker to join our well-established client in the Salisbury, Wiltshire area. As a support worker you will play a key role in supporting adults with Learning Disabilities.
The successful candidate will have a passion for caring for others and be passionate about the service that you provide ensuring that the service users are always at the forefront of everything you do in your professional life.
Our client is not only passionate about the care service that they provide but also values their staff and ensures that anyone working with them receives the support and training to allow them to excel and grow in their career.
If you want a new position in a company that values, its employees and are seriously passionate about the care they provide then this vacancy is for you!
- Salary – £19,266 + £45 Per Sleep-in
- Hours of Work – Full Time Permanent Position
- Shifts – (39 Hours Per Week) Day Shifts (Both Short and Long Days) with Sleep-ins
- Area – Salisbury, Wiltshire
- Collaborating and working with all levels of the support staff team, to always protect and safeguard the service users.
- Assisting with the practical tasks relating to the care of the service users such as cooking and cleaning.
- Establishing constructive relationships with the service users; ensuring they are always treated with the upmost respect and dignity.
- Meeting the physical, emotional, and cultural needs of the service users.
- Continually maintaining clear, accurate and up to date records of the service users you will be working with and ensuring that the needs of the service users in your care are being met by way of regularly reviewing and recording any changes to their needs.
- Co-ordinating and attending to trips out such as shopping trips, days out, visiting social clubs, trips to the beach and so much more!
- Provide a supportive environment for the service users to meet their full potential.
- A genuine interest and passion for care work priding yourself on the service you provide in helping service users to progress and develop.
- There can be times when the position can be very challenging, and so resilience is an essential skill – However the team are always there to help and work together.
- It is essential that you are a team player as you will be working closely with all levels of the support team to provide the best care possible.
- Excellent written and verbal skills are imperative as you will be responsible for strong and accurate record keeping.
- You will be using computer systems, and therefore basic IT skills and computer literacy are essential.
- Hold a Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care or be willing to undertake this qualification should you be successful.
- Either reside in or can travel to Salisbury, Wiltshire.
- Hold a full UK Driver’s License.
- Long term employment with a company that values its employees.
- 20 + 8 holiday entitlement.
- Continuous training to invest in your future.
- Funding towards completing your NVQ(s) in Health and Social Care.
- DBS paid for by the client.
- Excellent career progression opportunities are always available.
- Access to Employee benefit Scheme (retail discounts, cycle to work scheme and more!)
The position of Support Worker is an incredibly rewarding position where you make a difference every day you go to work. If you feel you are right for the position and are happy to travel to Salisbury, Wiltshire or want any further details, please do not hesitate to contact Joseph Haselgrove at our Peterborough office for a confidential chat.