|Salary:||£19,266 + £45 Per Sleep-In|
|Reference:||TSW - SW - Exeter|
|Contact Name:||Joseph Haselgrove|
Support Worker (Learning Disabilities)
Are you an experienced support worker with a history of supporting service users with Learning Disabilities that is currently looking for a new and exciting role in a company that will invest in your professional growth and development?
If that sounds like you, I am currently recruiting on the behalf of a national healthcare provider that is looking for caring and motivated individuals to join their team in the Exeter, Devon area on day shifts with sleep-ins to follow.
If you are passionate about delivering a high-quality care service ensuring that the service users receive the best care possible and want to work with a company that shares these views on care delivery, then this vacancy is for you!
- Salary – £19,266 + £45 (Per Sleep-In)
- Hours of Work – Full Time Permanent Position
- Shifts – 39 Hours Per Week, working a combination of long and short days followed with sleep-ins
- Area –Exeter, Devon
- Ensuring that the service users receive a high-quality support service, through delivering tailored care which caters to the individual needs of each of the service users.
- Establish effective and constructive relationships with the service users and enduring that they are always treated with the utmost respect and dignity.
- Meeting the physical, emotional, and cultural needs of the service users.
- Working collaboratively with all levels of the support delivery team to ensure a fluid and innovative approach to the care service is always implemented.
- Develop and grow a supportive environment for the service users, helping them to meet their full potential and achieve their aspirations.
- Assisting with the practical duties associated with the support service such as cleaning the service area to keep it clean and tidy and helping with cooking.
- Helping to plan and participate in day trips, shopping days, visiting social and leisure clubs, trips to the beach and so much more!
- Continually maintaining clear, accurate and up to date records of the service users you support, and regularly reviewing your care approach to ensure it achieves the best outcomes possible.
- Ensuring strict adherence to the care plans and care delivery plans of the service users and liaising with the management team with any changes / developments in the service users.
- This role will require a genuine interest and passion for care work, and an individual who prides themselves on the support service they provide to the service users.
- You will be working closely with all members of the care delivery team and as such will require someone who is a team player and has a collaborative approach.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills are imperative for the successful candidate.
- Although not essential an NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care would be beneficial to your application, if you do not hold this, you will require a willingness to complete upon appointment.
- You should either reside in or be willing to travel to the Exeter, Devon area.
- My client has a great and supportive team however there can be times when the role can be very challenging and so resilience is an essential skill.
- A UK Driver’s License is not essential however would benefit your application should you hold one.
- You will be using computer systems in your daily duties so basic computer skills will be extremely beneficial to your success in the role.
- A competitive salary of £19,266 per annum.
- Excellent sleep-in rates of £45 per sleep-in completed.
- Long term employment with a company that has an excellent name in the health and social care industry.
- Fantastic ongoing training opportunities upon successful start, with both internal and external solutions provided.
- Funding towards completion of your health and social care NVQ qualifications.
- Access to a great employee assistance plan; with thousands of retail discounts, excellent health cash plan, and a competitive cycle to work scheme.
- Excellent career progression opportunities within this national care provider.
- DBS paid for by the client at time of appointment.
- Occupational maternity pay which is paid on top of your statutory maternity pay.
- My client understands it can be hard to ask for help when you need it, however upon successful start you will gain access to their employee support line for the times when you need support.
This position of Support Worker is a fantastic opportunity where you will be able to improve the quality of the service users lives and help them to achieve their full potential every single day you go to work! If you feel you are right for the position, please apply within or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch with Joseph Haselgrove in our Peterborough branch for a confidential chat.