|Location:||Newcastle upon Tyne|
|Salary:||£18,525 (£9.50 p/h)|
|Reference:||SW - New|
Are you a keen and motivated Support Worker with experience of supporting service users with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, Learning Disabilities and associated needs who is currently looking for a new role?
If that sounds like you, my client who is a registered charity that provides specialist care provisions for service users with Autistic Spectrum Disorders is currently recruiting for their adult’s residential service in the Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear area.
The successful candidate will join a friendly team that is incredibly passionate about the care service they provide, always striving for the service users to receive the best care and support service possible. In return, my client offers a competitive benefits package and excellent training / progression opportunities.
- Salary – £18,525 p/a (£9.50 p/h)
- Hours of Work – Full Time Permanent Position
- Shifts – 37.5 Hours Per Week / Must be flexible to work, days, mornings, evenings, and nights (rotas released at least a month in advance)
- Area – Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- Supporting service users with autistic spectrum disorders and associated needs in a person-centred approach.
- Providing personal care to the service users to support them with maintaining their personal hygiene needs.
- Adhering to the care and support plans created by the management team and recording care provided and any relevant notes.
- General domestic duties such as cooking meals and cleaning the service when required.
- Supporting the service users to access the local community and local amenities.
- Promoting the independence of the service users and coaching them to live as independently as possible.
- Liaising with other healthcare professionals and colleagues to aid in the support of the service users.
- Continuously striving to provide the best care and support service possible through utilising a continuous improvement model.
- The main skill required is that you are a motivated individual with a passion for supporting others to achieve their full potential.
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (or equivalent) would benefit your application however is not required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- You will be using computer systems for tracking care and support, accessing plans and recording notes so basic IT skills would be desired.
- Either reside within Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear or hold a UK driver’s license to be able get to the support location.
- Excellent team working skills are a must – you will be working with a diverse and multidisciplinary team every day, so it is essential you have a collaborative approach.
- A competitive salary of £18,525 p/a (£9.50 p/h).
- Long term employment with a company that will invest in your professional growth and development.
- 28 days holiday (inc 8 banks) initially which rises to 40 days holiday (inc 8 bank) with length of service.
- An excellent contributory pension scheme.
- Group Life Assurance Scheme (Death in Service).
- Excellent training provided (both internally and externally).
- Whilst you’re on shift, you will have access to teas, coffees, hot meals and sandwiches.
- Funded NVQ Level 2 and 3 in Health and Social Care.
This position of Support Worker is a fantastic opportunity where you will be able to improve the quality of the service users lives and help them to achieve their full potential every single day you go to work! If you feel you are right for the position, please apply within or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch with Joseph Haselgrove in our Peterborough branch for a confidential chat.