|Salary:||£19,110 p/a (£9.80 p/h)|
|Reference:||SW - Chippenham|
Are you an experienced and driven Support Worker with a history of supporting service users with Learning Disabilities, Autism and behaviours that challenge who is currently looking for a new role?
If that sounds like you, my client who is a registered charity and national provider of adult health and social care with an excellent name in the industry is currently recruiting for motivated individuals to join their service in the Chippenham, Wiltshire area on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will join a friendly team that is incredibly passionate about the care service they provide, always striving for the service users to receive the best support possible. In return, my client can offer a highly competitive benefits package and excellent training / progression opportunities to set up your career in the industry.
- Salary – £19,110 p/a (£9.80 p/h)
- Hours of Work – Full Time Permanent Position (Part Time Also Available)
- Shifts – 37.5 Hours Per Week / Flexibility is a must!
- Area – Chippenham, Wiltshire
- Supporting service users with learning disabilities, autistic spectrum disorders and behaviours that challenge in a person-centred approach.
- Providing personal care to the service users to support them with maintaining their personal hygiene needs.
- Adhering to the care and support plans created by the management team and recording care provided and any relevant notes.
- General domestic duties such as cooking meals and cleaning the service when required.
- Supporting the service users to access the local community and local amenities.
- Promoting the independence of the service users and coaching them to live as independently as possible.
- Liaising with other healthcare professionals and colleagues to aid in the support of the service users.
- Continuously striving to provide the best care and support service possible through utilising a continuous improvement model.
- The most essential skill required is that you are a motivated individual with a passion for supporting others to achieve their full potential.
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (or equivalent) would benefit your application however is not required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- You will be using computer systems for tracking care and support, accessing plans and recording notes so basic IT skills would be desired.
- It is essential that you hold a full UK Drivers License
- Excellent team working skills are a must – you will be working with a diverse and multidisciplinary team every day, so it is essential you have a collaborative approach.
- A competitive salary of £19,110 p/a (£9.80 p/h).
- Long term employment with a company that will invest in your professional growth and development.
- 28 days holiday (inc bank holidays) initially, rising with length of service.
- Fully funded Health and Social Care qualifications and training (provided both internally and externally).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Access to counselling, physiotherapy, occupational health and advice services.
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers.
This position of Support Worker is a fantastic opportunity where you will be able to improve the quality of the service users lives and help them to achieve their full potential every single day you go to work! If you feel you are right for the position, please apply within or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch with Joseph Haselgrove in our Peterborough branch for a confidential chat.