|Salary:||0 - 20670|
|Reference:||SW - Totnes1|
|Contact Name:||Gergana Atanasova|
Are you a keen and motivated Support Worker with experience of supporting service users with Learning Disabilities and mental health needs who is currently looking for a new role?
If that sounds like you, my client who is an international company that provides specialist care provisions for service users with Learning Disabilities is currently recruiting for their adult’s residential service in the Totnes, Devon area.
The successful candidate will join a friendly team that is incredibly passionate about the care service they provide, always striving for the service users to receive the best care and support service possible. In return, my client offers a competitive benefits package and excellent training / progression opportunities.
- Salary – £20 670 p/a (£10.60 p/h)
- Shifts – 37.5 Hours Per Week / Must be flexible to work, days, mornings, evenings, and nights (rotas released at least a month in advance)
- Area – Totnes, Devon
Responsibilities for Support Worker:
- Supporting service users Learning Disabilities and Mental health problems in a person-centred approach.
- Providing personal care to the service users to support them with maintaining their personal hygiene needs.
- Adhering to the care and support plans created by the management team and recording care provided and any relevant notes.
- General domestic duties such as cooking meals and cleaning the service when required.
- Supporting the service users to access the local community and local amenities.
- Promoting the independence of the service users and coaching them to live as independently as possible.
- Liaising with other healthcare professionals and colleagues to aid in the support of the service users.
- Continuously striving to provide the best care and support service possible through utilising a continuous improvement model.
Skills for Support Worker:
- The main skill required is that you are a motivated individual with a passion for supporting others to achieve their full potential.
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (or equivalent) would benefit your application however is not required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- You will be using computer systems for tracking care and support, accessing plans and recording notes so basic IT skills would be desired.
- Either reside within Sunderland, Tyne and Wear or hold a UK driver’s license to be able get to the support location.
- Excellent team working skills are a must – you will be working with a diverse and multidisciplinary team every day, so it is essential you have a collaborative approach.
- Funded NVQ Level 2 and 3 in Health and Social Care.
- 20 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part time), which increases after 3- and 5-years’ service
- Pension Contribution
- The opportunity to be part of our UR Stars Recognition Scheme
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling, and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
- Keeping you safe
- We provide full PPE and ensure that you are confident in using it plus we offer vaccines to all employees.
- This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check, the cost to be meet by company. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early.
The position of Support Worker – Learning Disabilities and Mental Health is extremely rewarding and has a daily impact on the quality of life for service users. If you believe you are the right person for this fantastic opportunity, please contact Gergana Atanasova at the Peterborough Office on 01733 606 240 for a confidential discussion. Please keep in mind that the vacancy is in the vicinity of Totnes, Devon.