gap healthcare are seeking experienced Support Workers to join one of our leading clients in the Norwich area.
Applicants must not only have a minimum of 6 months experience, but also be passionate and motivated to provide nothing but the highest standard of care.
Your job role will include:
- General housekeeping e.g. cooking, shopping, domestic duties e.t.c, and helping Service Users to maintain all aspects of their domestic lives.
- Facilitating socialisation and social activities e.g. visiting family/friends, walks, cinema/theatre, meals out.
- Monitoring progress and recording notes on daily record sheets relating to each visit.
- Liaise with families, friends, advocates, external agencies and the management team to provide a consistent approach that meets the individual needs of each service user.
- To empathise and actively listen in a sensitive manner accessing appropriate additional support where necessary.
- To support Service Users to access appropriate health care provision enabling them to make an informed choice regarding any prescribed treatment, seeking advice where necessary.
- To create opportunities for Service Users to develop establish and maintain personal relationships and social networks, which encourage greater participation and integration in their chosen communities.
- Preparing and participating in group and/or one-to-one therapy sessions, both individually and with other health professionals.
Essential Skills, Experience & Attitude:
- Minimum 6 months of experience in working within a similar environment.
- An understanding of the needs of patients.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good telephone manner and good level of spoken English.
- Observant and sensitive to a Service User's needs.
- Ability to liaise with outside agencies and other professionals.
- Ability to work autonomously and productively as part of a team.
- Knowledge of food hygiene/manual handling/health & safety standards and practices.
- A current enhanced DBS.
- Own car desirable, however is not essential.
gap healthcare employees need to be professional, punctual and passionate about making a difference.
Location: Norwich and Surrounding areas
Pay: £8.50ph- £10.00ph
At gap healthcare we offer excellent rates of pay as advertised, as well as full-time hours or block bookings.
Please contact the team on: 01603 917 922 or the on-call mobile 07823345946
Or bring all relevant documents to:
Queen Street, Old Bank of England Court, Norwich, NR2 4SX
Due to the high volume of applications for each of our roles, if you do not receive a response within 14 days then please consider your application as unsuccessful, however we may keep your details on file and contact you with regard to any other suitable roles.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd TA gap personnel, Quattro Healthcare Ltd TA gap healthcare & Quattro Recruitment Ltd TA gap professional) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.