The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
You must understand the importance of working as a team and on your own in order to provide the highest standard of support and care possible. If you are passionate, caring and a hard worker then you could be a great fit for our team!
This role entails working with teenagers with challenging behaviour, and so we are looking for Support Workers who are not only motivated and committed, but who also have a calm approach and can react calmly in stressful situations and deal with difficult/challenging behaviours in a positive way.
What the role entails:
You will be supporting residents on a day-to-day basis, encouraging a 'recovery' based perspective to care, including a holistic approach.
- Supporting for service users experiencing acute mental distress or who have an enduring mental illness.
- Responding to distressed patients in a non-threatening manner and attempting to understand the source of distress.
- Applying `de-escalation` techniques to help people manage their emotions and behaviour.
- Working 1-1 with the young people in order to build up a strong relationship with them.
- Encouraging service users to attend school and to take part in art, drama or occupational therapy where appropriate.
- Organising social events aimed at developing patients social skills and helping to reduce feelings of isolation.
This role is subject to candidates having the following:
- An Enhanced Child and Adult Workforce DBS
- In Date Certificates
- Proof of right to work within the U.K.
gap healthcare employees need to be professional, punctual and passionate about making a difference.
Location: Ipswich (Suffolk,UK)
Pay: £8.50ph - £9.50ph
Due to the high volume of applications for each of our roles, if you do not receive a response within 14 days then please consider your application as unsuccessful, however we may keep your details on file and contact you with regard to any other suitable roles.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd TA gap personnel, Quattro Healthcare Ltd TA gap healthcare & Quattro Recruitment Ltd TA gap professional) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.