Are you a dedicated and passionate Support Worker looking to make a difference? If yes, then read on and learn more about this exciting role with gap healthcare!
gap is currently recruiting for Experienced Support Workers to join the team and work in a Mental Health Facility in North Norfolk. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone interested in Mental Health and seeing the positive impact that you can have on someone's life.
Your job role will include:
- Caring for patients experiencing acute mental distress or who have an enduring mental illness;
- Responding to distressed patients in a non-threatening manner and attempting to understand the source of distress;
- Applying `de-escalation techniques to help people manage their emotions and behaviour;
- Preparing and participating in group and/or one-to-one therapy sessions, both individually and with other health professionals;
- Encouraging patients to take part in art, drama or occupational therapy where appropriate;
- Organising social events aimed at developing patients social skills and helping to reduce feelings of isolation;
- Promoting a `recovery` based approach to care.
This role requires candidates to have the following:
- MVA training
- A Registered DBS
- In Date Certificates
- Proof of Right To Work within the U.K.
- A minimum of 6 months experience
- Own car is desirable
Location: North Norfolk
Pay: £8.50ph - £10.50ph
At gap healthcare we offer excellent rates of pay as advertised, as well as full-time hours or block bookings.
Please contact the team on: 01603 917 922 or pop into our office for a chat! The kettle is always on...
Due to the high volume of applications for each of our roles, if you do not receive a response within 14 days then please consider your application as unsuccessful, however we may keep your details on file and contact you with regard to any other suitable roles.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd TA gap personnel, Quattro Healthcare Ltd TA gap healthcare & Quattro Recruitment Ltd TA gap professional) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.