|Salary:||£35,000 - £60,000|
Systems Engineers - Edinburgh
Gap Professional are looking for Systems Engineers at Engineer, Senior and Principal levels, for our client, a Global Engineering Services provider, for their co-located team based in Edinburgh for their client, a global defence industry leader.
Candidates should currently be employed as a Systems Engineer, with experience of the whole lifecycle. Ideally we are looking for RF/EO systems experience, particularly in the development of Radar and EW systems (Including IRCM) but candidates with experience of other aerospace/ defence applications, space, nuclear, automotive or transportation sectors will be considered.
Key responsibilities will vary dependent upon level but may include:
- Understanding systems requirements, breakdown of requirements to sub-systems.
- Production of engineering management plans
- Production of SOWs and design review documentation
- Lead/support generation of test strategy, test plans & test documentation
- Planning/preparation of integration/test environment, including facilities, test equipment (custom/ COTS), tools & test/simulation software
- Lead/support system integration and test activities, working closely with hardware, software & firmware teams to achieve project milestones/deliverables
- Help to identify, investigate & resolve system integration issues
- Lead/support verification of system & sub-system requirements
- Define verification methods/ tests & show traceability to systems/sub-system requirements
- Support system/sub-system Qualification testing, including generation of test reports
- Lead/support system acceptance test activities
- Participation in design reviews
- Gather test evidence and prepare documentation for Certification/Qualification
- Provide lab-based system demonstrations to customers / partner companies
- Integrate systems on flight trials aircraft and support flight trials
- Support platform integration with customer systems/aircraft, including in-field system software upgrades
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- HND/HNC, degree (BSc/BEng/MSc/MEng) in a relevant STEM-based subject or equivalent experience.
• Experience of requirements management
• Systems integration and/or test experience of complex, high-reliability systems
• Experience of verification and validation (V&V) activities to achieve certification and acceptance
• Experience of working in multi-disciplined Engineering teams
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Able to generate high-quality documentation (test specifications, procedures & reports)
• Experience of defining verification methods and generating tests requirements/procedures
• Experience of showing traceability of V&V tests to systems requirements & generating/updating Verification Matrices (VCRMs)
• An understanding of MATLAB/Simulink
• Experience in MBSE
• Previous experience of working in a Trials or field role
- Previous experience of RF or ECM/EW systems.
UK citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain unrestricted SC clearance. Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage.
gap professional are acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of its client
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
- Product Engineer
£45,000 - £50,000
- Electrical Technician
£30000 - £33000 per annum
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Up to £34500.00 per annum
- maintenance engineer
Up to £41600 per annum
- Bioanalytical Scientist
£28000 - £32000 per annum