|Salary:||£50,000 - £60,000|
|Contact Name:||Philip Delaloye|
Systems Engineer - Matlab & Simulink
gap professional are looking for a permanent Systems Engineer with Matlab & Simulink experience for our client, a Global Engineering Services provider, for their co-located team based in Basildon for their client, a global defence industry leader.
This Systems Engineer will have systems modelling experience and exposure to MATLAB and SIMULINK., this is to support the development of a new Electro-optics product which has just entered the assessment phase. Ideally, we are looking for someone with Electro-optics systems experience or candidates with experience of other aerospace/ defence, space, nuclear, automotive or transportation applications will be considered.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Modelling of Electro-optics performance of the system.
· Ability to generate, run and analyse scenarios once the model is complete
· System/sub-system functional analysis and generation of functional system architectures
· Generation of system/sub-system models to support the design, test and verification of system functionality & performance
· Production of supporting system documentation and diagrams
- Modifications to existing legacy systems models to support development of the product
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Degree in Physics, Mathematics or Systems Engineering is preferred but will consider Optical Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
· Knowledge and demonstrable experience of systems modelling & simulation tools (i.e. MATLAB and Simulink)
· Experience of developing systems models to characterise system functionality & performance
· Experience of working in multi-disciplined Engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding systems requirements, performing functional analysis and generating system functional architectures
· Experience of the Systems engineering lifecycle
· Previous experience of Electro-optics systems design
· Experience of MBSE (Model Based System Engineering) methodology
- Previous experience with CAMEOSIM (not essential)
UK citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain unrestricted SC clearance. Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage.
gap professional are acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of its client
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.