Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client, a reputable based company who are looking for a Tax Assistant
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
We have a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring tax advisor to build a mixed tax career within our client’s team.
Reporting to the Deputy Head of Office, you will be a key team member from day one.
You will receive on the job training from our dedicated senior team to perform a range of tax compliance services.
Personal Tax and Trusts – collate all information for UK self-assessment tax returns for individuals and Trusts. Maintaining individuals’ tax records and ensure all returns and payments are submitted on time. Assist with preparation of income and capital gains computations as required.
Corporation Tax Returns – Review of returns and computations, filing and archiving. Ensure corporation tax returns and payments are submitted on time. Assist with preparation of business tax computations as required.
EIS/SEIS Relief – work with our investment team to maintain tax records for investments qualifying under these venture capital schemes.
VAT - Preparation of VAT returns and EC sales lists. Research into VAT questions as required.
Payroll Taxes – provide cover for our payroll department on monthly payroll preparation and payments. Assist with year-end reporting including P11D preparation.
Property Taxes – training to familiarise you with CIS and property VAT administration. Ad-hoc research as required.
FATCA/CRS/AEI – completion of international tax reporting forms to banks and investment companies for individuals and businesses.
You will also assist the Senior Management Team with ad-hoc tax and investment related projects and research as required.
- Has an interest in forging a career in Tax through attaining the professional ATT qualification.
- Is educated to at least A level Standard (or equivalent), with 3 A-Levels at grade C or above and is confident, flexible and willing to learn.
- Is a committed highly organised individual with a pro-active and common-sense approach.
- Has excellent administration and communication skills (both written and verbal with attention to detail).
- Has integrity, discretion and understands the importance of confidentiality.
- Is tactful, diplomatic and approachable, with the ability to develop relationships with a wide range of people.
- - Takes ownership of tasks and follows them through to the end, seeks feedback on own performance and can respond positively to constructive criticism.
- - Has a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office with excellent IT skills.
- - Enjoys working both on their own or as part of a wider team.
- An attractive salary
- Full study support towards gaining the ATT qualification
- 8% employer pension contribution
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Individual BUPA cover
- Life insurance 4 x gross salary
- Car parking
Closing date is 6th December 2019
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future