|Reference:||MD TA Avocet House|
|Contact Name:||Matthew Duffy|
Teaching Assistant – Looked After Children
Do you have a passion for helping others and are looking for a new and exciting challenge? Look no further as a great opportunity has just become available! Gap are currently on the lookout for passionate and motivated Teaching Assistants to support in a classroom setting for looked after children located near to Loddon, Norfolk.
As a Teaching Assistant you will support pupils and act as a learning mentor whilst helping deliver the curriculum within a classroom setting. You will be supporting learning on an individual and group basis.
- Salary – Between £15,633 - £17260 working 0830 – 1630 and only 45 weeks per annum
- Hours – 40 hours per week Monday to Friday
- Area – Loddon, Norfolk.
- Full time permanent position
Responsibilities – Teaching Assistant – Looked After Children
- To work under the instruction of Teachers in the Learning Centre
by working with pupils on an individual or group basis
by assisting in the preparation of specific areas of the curriculum
by assisting in the planning, assessment and recording of educational activities
by assisting in the efficient preparation of materials, resources and equipment.
by delivering pre-planned learning activities.
- Participate fully in the daily observation and recording of pupils’ behaviour and progress in the appropriate manner.
- To establish appropriately high levels of expectation by setting down clear guidance for pupils for establishing good standards of behaviour and achievement within the establishment, including the careful presentation of work and the care of books and equipment.
- To provide pastoral support and complement the Personal, Health and Social Education of the students, through specific course delivery, providing support for individual needs and specific behaviour programmes.
- To be responsible for the safety of children by exercising adequate control and supervision.
- To take part with colleagues in the development and implementation of changes in policies, syllabuses, materials and schemes of work especially in the context of the curriculum including the National Curriculum.
Skills Required – Teaching Assistant – Looked After Children
- NVQ in early years (for higher level)
- Relevant TA courses (for higher level)
- Diploma in childcare and education (for higher level)
The position of Teaching Assistant – Looked After Children plays a vital role in ensuring that the daily operations of the educational centre can continue to a high standard. If you feel that you are the right person for this great opportunity then please contact Matt Duffy at the Peterborough Office 01 73 360 6 24 0 for a confidential chat. Please be advised that this vacancy is located near to Loddon, Norfolk.