|Salary:||Up to £23,047|
|Contact Name:||Joseph Haselgrove|
Team Leader – Supported Living
Are you an experienced Team Leader with experience of running a team of support workers within a Learning Disabilities supported living service?
If that describes you, I am currently recruiting for a caring and compassionate team leader to join my friendly and passionate client, you would be covering 2 of their Swindon, Wiltshire services where you will be responsible for leading the team and promoting a high-quality person-centred approach to care.
My client is a large care provider that is looking for employees that want to grow and develop within the industry and are offering to invest in your professional training and development to allow you to grow your career with them!
The successful candidate will have experience of leading a team and will be passionate about care always ensuring that the service users are at the forefront of everything you do in your professional life.
- Salary – £21,753 to £23,047 (Depending on Experience)
- Hours of Work – Full Time Permanent Position
- Shifts – 37 Hours Per Week (07:00AM to 14:30PM / 14:30 to 22:00PM)
- Area – Swindon, Wiltshire
- Create and enforce staff rotas as per pre-set daily staffing level requirements in a timely effective and fair process, ensuring that staff training, and key skills are considered against requirements.
- Undertake the recruitment and selection process as required by my client ensuring that any vacancies are recruited for promptly through liaising with HR and recruitment functions.
- Encourage effective communication throughout the entire care teams of the services you support, with an open and honest approach to allow for any issues to be resolved quickly and to ensure that the whole team have a full picture of what is occurring within the service.
- In conjunction with the registered manager, undertake supervision and annual reviews of staff members as well as ensuring that the team remain up to date and competent in all required training and what their role entails.
- Work with the management team to onboard and train any new employees, being able to take lead in explaining new team members duties and monitoring that they are fulfilling duties required.
- Promoting a caring and supportive environment for the service users ensuring that they are always at the forefront of the team’s minds and that they all receive a bespoke person-centred care approach in accordance with their care plans.
- Maintain records of both service users and the staff team ensuring that they remain up to date and stored in conjunction with company policy, legislation, GDPR and CQC requirements.
- Participate in on-call duties alongside the management team as and when required.
- Hold a minimum of an NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care or be actively studying towards this qualification.
- A full UK drivers license will be essential as you will be based across two services.
- Have 2 years’ worth of experience within the health and social care industry of supporting service users.
- You will have a strong record of achievement within the health and social care sector and a vast knowledge of the industry.
- Excellent communication skills are a must, you will be interacting with people every day – whether it be service users, staff members of senior management, effective communication is vital for success.
- Aptitude to ensure that at all times the service fits into the framework of both internal and external policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Knowledge of relevant Data Protection, GDPR, CQC policies, Legal and Local governing rules and requirements within the health and social care industry.
- It is vital that you have an unbiased approach to your work and are a compassionate individual as you will be the first port of call for the staff within the services you support.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills are essential as you will be using them daily whether it be creating, rotas, care plans, days out and more!
- You must have experience of supervising and leading a team.
- Competitive salary of up to £23,047 p.a.
- Long term employment with a company that truly values it employees.
- Fully funded enhanced DBS check at time of appointment.
- Internal and external training provided to support your professional growth and development.
- Career development for those that want to climb the management hierarchy.
The position Team Leader – Learning Disabilities, is a very rewarding position where you will be making a difference to the quality of life for the service users on a daily basis. If you feel you are right for the position and are happy to travel to the Swindon, Wiltshire area or want any further details, please contact Joseph Haselgrove at our Peterborough office for a confidential chat.