|Reference:||Team Leader - Blackburn|
|Contact Name:||michala james|
Team Leader - Rotation/Nights
Gap Personnel Group, operating as an employment business, are currently looking to recruit several team leaders for one our well-established client based in Blackburn
Job Title: Team Leader
Job Purpose: Assume responsibility for the day to day running of a department, to ensure all activities are completed within set or agreed timescales.
Personality: Conscientious and hardworking individual who leads by example. Understands the daily targets and objectives for the department. Can confidently communicate work instructions to staff. An individual, who thrives in a challenging environment and is able to keep a number of tasks on the go.
- Day to day management of staff and activities within the department. Co-ordinate all activities.
- Plan workload and issue instructions to team.
- Plan labour verses activity on a daily basis; and liaise with Section Manger where appropriate.
- Monitor, evaluate and re- asses progress in order to achieve daily output targets.
- Deals with day to day queries and escalates if unable to resolve.
- Motivate staff to achieve targets.
- Ensures work procedures are followed and standards are maintained.
- Maintains a good standard of housekeeping within the department.
- Ensure Health and Safety procedures are observed at all times, to maintain a safe and legal working environment.
- Update manager on daily progress or challenges within the department.
- Undertake other duties as required in order to support the business in achieving excellence for all customers.
- All aspects of people management, issuing instructions, team briefs, return to work, coaching, training, monitoring performance and completion of relevant documentation.
- Able to motivate and lead others.
- Understand the importance of achieving targets and deadlines.
- Consistent approach to management of staff and operations within agreed guidelines.
- Understanding of basic Health and Safety management.
- Competent WMS and PC skills.
- Common sense approach with an aptitude for detail.
Rotation Shift - £21,000-22,500 per annum
Night Shift - £22,500-24,500 per annum
How to apply
If you think you are suitable for the role, please email your CV.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job