gap Professional is operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Salary: Offering a competitive salary depending on Experience
Hours: Monday – Thursday 8:00am to 16:30pm with 30 min lunch, Fridays 08:00am to 13:00pm
We have a fantastic opportunity available for a Technical Engineer (Cable and Harnesses) based in the Swindon area.
This position will be responsible for quoting all aspects of Cable Harnesses and the production engineering of customer Harness / Cabling requirements. These quotes are for the Defence and Aerospace Market, for vehicles and aerospace applications. The position will be reporting to the Technical Engineering Manager, under general supervision.
Main Responsibilities include:
Successfully manage individual quotes within the quality requirements and project financial constraints.
· Provide technical advice to other engineers.
· Ensure technical and professional accuracy of your work.
· Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
· Work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
· Ensuring that the product being manufactured meets the company’s standards, policies and practices.
· Understand and keep up to date with technical and legislative progress.
· Interface with third parties and clients in a professional manner.
· Present concepts and solutions to the customer.
· Report progress to the senior management team.
· Prepare and deliver quotations / bids documentation to include technical solutions, estimating labour times and material costs.
· Site visits & installations with possible overnight stays.
Will be expected to attend exhibitions and the ability to talk to potential customers and suppliers.
Experience in a similar and relevant role.
· Must have the ability to use a 2D CAD system to produce full manufacturing drawings of Cables and Harnesses.
· The ability to use ‘Harnware’ would be advantageous but is not essential.
· Must have a good understanding of engineering concepts.
· Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately throughout an evolving
· environment; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the
· task level or at the project level to provide solutions to a range of harness installation problems.
· Must have excellent communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills, with
· strong planning skills.
· Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Knowledge of electrical equipment suitable for use in military vehicles: this would be advantageous but is not
· An understanding of CAN, MILCan and Ethernet systems would be advantageous but is not essential.
· Ability to deal with suppliers and sub-contractors from concept to delivery of products.
· Able to work extended hours as required.
· Company values of Integrity, Professional, Knowledge, Respect and Passion.
Knowledge of Sage 50: this would be advantageous but is not essential.
Closing date is 8th August 2019
gap professional is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future