The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
gap personnel operating as a recruitment business are currently recruiting for a Technical Shipping & Despatch Administrator for a leading aerospace manufacturing company based in Exeter.
Our client is a world-class producer of aero engine and industrial gas turbine components, including airfoils, rings, disks and forgings. With their products being manufactured in Exeter and distributed throughout the UK and worldwide, a position within the shipping and despatch department requires a diverse range of skills.
As a technical shipping & despatch administrator you will be responsible for:
- Arranging shipment and transportation of product to internal and 3rd party customers
- Deal with all aspects of haulier selection and cost control
- Create all documentation associated with transportation of product and miscellaneous items globally. Ensuring all import and export compliance requirements are met
- Maintain all records associated with Import / Export and be prepared to manage any audit required by Customs and Excise
- Maintain all internal records associated with shipping and receiving of goods
- Liaise with Customers where required on transport co-ordination
- Conduct office administration duties in support of Exeter Alloy and support the site ASAT requirements
- Support the Sales function within the Alloy facility
- Advanced MS Office and systems skills
- Experience with Oracle (essential)
- Previous technical administration / supply chain background (desirable)
- Import/Export Aerospace, EMEA background (desirable)
- A motivated and driven individual with the ability to multitask
- Good communication skills
- Accurate with good attention to detail
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Able to work in a team
- Customer driven
- Flexibility to cover additional duties where required to ensure the functionality of the team is maintained
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 8am-4pm
The role is offering a 10 month fixed term contract with the opportunity of a permanent contract to those who are able to demonstrate their commitment to the business through their attendance and working performance during their assignment. The hourly pay rate is £9.73 - £10.50 per hour dependant on experience.
Applications must be received within 14 days of the advert placement.
gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.