Our client based in the Chester area are currently looking to recruit a Technical Support and Audiological Assistant on a fixed-term contract. The primary purpose of the role will be to provide technical support and advice to Customers (Dispensers) regarding client products, audiology and other services. Working on a rota basis within the Technical Support team to work towards specific KPI’s and targets, liaising with all departments and customers to ensure efficient handling and resolution of referrals that require further information and provide audiological advice to staff friends and family patients and supporting clinical trials.
Pay & Hours of Work
- £22,000 - £28,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Monday – Friday / Office Hours
- Advise Dispensers over the telephone, TeamViewer or email on topics such as products, hearing aid fittings, software, shell modelling.
- Own and handle resolution referrals from internal processes for the UK & Ireland customer base.
- Respond to internal and external customers via emails, telephone and letters.
- Fault-finding in hearing aids, software and assistive devices.
- Assist customers with software related issues.
- Analyse repairs and returns to identify any issues within the manufacturing process and advancing them to the appropriate department.
- Support the Sales Team and internal departments with product knowledge and training where required.
- Work with, and support colleagues to provide outstanding customer service.
- Work closely with the Customer Service Team to provide information to UK customers.
- Liaise with HQ teams and around the globe when required.
- Audiological experience.
- Articulate, concise, calm and professional.
- Telephone support experience.
- Knowledge of client products portfolio and software.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Self-motivated, self-quality managed and ability to work on own initiative.
- Commands an extremely high level of attention to detail.
- Strong IT literacy skills with experience of utilising a variety of IT systems.
- A HCPC Registered, qualified Audiologist with clinical experience an advantage.
- Knowledge of AX Dynamics advantageous.
- Experience working for a Hearing aid manufacturer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.