The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
Could you be our Bid Writer?
Have you got a flair for the written word? Do you know how to make the complex simple, writing influential content to sell bespoke recruitment solutions to our valued clients? Do you want to join a team that uphold company values of being consultative, accountable, ethical and REAL?
gap personnel group are looking for a talented Bid Writer to join our growing team in Liverpool. We’re interested in hearing from applicants currently in a similar role, or those looking for an opportunity to use their writing talents to train as a Bid Writer. This pivotal role involves working as part of the bids and marketing team to produce persuasive written sales documents and creative sales presentations. Day to day you would be working not only with the bids and marketing team, but with key people across the business to ensure submissions are completed ahead of deadlines.
£19,000-£24,000 dependent on experience.
Skills and experience must haves:
- Degree in English or similar discipline highly desirable, or ability to demonstrate excellent content writing skills.
- Experience using: Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
In partnership and with support from the wider team you will…
- Review and complete expressions of interest (EOI), pre-qualification questionnaires (PQQ), proposals, presentations, invitations to tender (ITT) documentation and any other documents relevant to the sales process with accurate, specific and professional responses that are appropriate in terms of style and language.
- Effectively build links across operations, senior sales, legal / HR, and finance, ensuring that each department has bid input, whilst ensuring client's requirements can feasibly be met.
- Perform an initial review of ITT and related documents to establish the scope of work, the schedule, and the input necessary to complete the work, implementing a bid / no bid process to ensure the team are working on realistic opportunities.
- Ensure that sales strategy, win themes, and differentiators are reflected in any proposal or presentation to maximise gap personnel’s positioning.
- Keep up to date on industry developments and technical requirements for supply.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the current recruitment and employment market.
- Develop the skills required to produce visually engaging presentations and documents.
- Uphold and champion brand protection across all sales material produced.
The ideal candidate:
- Degree qualified in English or a similar discipline.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Ability to work under pressure, swiftly responding to tight deadlines.
- Brilliant time management and organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent attention to detail, particularly in editing and proof reading.
- The capability to research and interpret information, and the willingness to ask questions and challenge.
- Keen to work as part of a collaborative team, with a flexible and proactive working attitude.
A bit about us:
Founded in 1997, we’re a national recruitment business, predominantly within the industrial marketplace, but with increasing presence in the professional, technical, multi-lingual and healthcare sectors.
2018 was an exciting time for gap personnel group – we are now a part of the Trust Tech Group, a Japanese stock exchange listed business with over £500m turnover, whose focus is to achieve fast, sustainable growth, both organically and through acquisition.
People are at the core of our business – our candidates, our clients, and our colleagues; we offer real solutions through consultative relationships, demonstrating accountability, and executing ethical practices.
- Being part of a company that lives by their core values and invests in its employees - we currently hold 1* Best Companies to Work For status and Investors in People Gold.
- 25 days paid holiday per year, plus bank holidays.
- Your birthday off.
- Corporate annual awards ceremony with fantastic prizes.
- Access to our rewards and recognition platform Perkbox, which in addition to a variety of discounts and benefits guarantees you free mobile phone insurance, a free Café Nero coffee each week, and a free Odeon cinema ticket each month.
- Access to private medical and dental insurance.
- City centre / commercial district location with great public transport access.
Sound good? Please submit your up to date CV with any supporting documents.
gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.