|Job Type:||Temp to Perm|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
Position Title: Transport Administrator
Current as of: Incumbent: Direct report to:
1st June 2021 Gary Trubshaw
SBU/Staff Department Region / Location:
Industrial Segment Supply Chain EMEA / Runcorn
JOB FUNCTION – REQUIREMENTS - SUCCESS FACTORS
The Brexit regulations/requirements have been mandatory since Jan 2021 resulting in shipments invoices which are required in advance of shipment collections, (+30% increase for shipments YOY plus sample shipments).
In additional the sales volumes has increased +20% which has resulted in additional administration tasks/duties into the Logistics Dept.
Scope of the position
To assist with the Runcorn Export transport operations ensuring Customer Orders are shipped as stated & scheduled, ensuring all post Brexit related Paperwork is communicated to the Freight Forwarders and ensuring the department is run efficiently and safely to meet the demands of client's Runcorn’s customers.
Transport Administrator main accountabilities
- Helping to answer customer queries on shipment tracking, ETA of shipment and any other shipment queries
- Problem solves for customers about shipping routes, delayed shipments etc
- To confirm/assist in any Brexit queries inc general Brexit Documentation supplied to the Freight Forwarders.
- Efficiently works within a busy dispatch department
- Performs administrative duties such as answering phones, updating records, and providing excellent customer service
- Maintains good customer relationships and answers any customer questions
- Keeps organized shipping records, including statements of origin, shipping costs, products shipped, and receipt dates
- Troubleshoots shipping issues and customer issues that pop up regularly; works to solve these administrative or organizational problems to increase warehouse and dispatch efficiency
- Works well with shipping team to complete orders on time
- To create provide Certificates of Origin for identified Export Shipments.
- To provide copy AWB/BL for all air/sea freight shipments as required.
- Monitor KPIs for the shipping area and analysis
- Action CAIRs raised linked to shipping
- Continusously seek to improve processes and efficiency in operations and interactions
- Promote Health and Safety best practice.
- Adhere to and manage the health and safety guidelines as determined by the Health and Safety Policy and the findings of any subsequent risk assessments.
- Liaise with Customer Service, Production Manager, Shift Managers and Production Planner regarding any potential issues.
- Carry out such additional duties as may reasonably be required by the Supply Chain Manager and Runcorn Site Manager.
Knowledge, skills and qualification:
The positions requires:
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment to tight deadlines
- Time management skills and strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work within a fast paced, high achieving team
- Ability to process/manage Lean principles such as FIFO
- Computer literacy required including Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week.
- Focus on results and drive change attitude
- Build trust and respect
- Understand market and customer perspective
- Plan & organize, communicate and share information, effectively manage the team, promote teamwork, build strong work relationships
- Strong positive influence attitude
- Manage complexity and capability to deal with ambiguity