Gap personnel acting as an employment agency currently have an opportunity for an experienced transport co-ordinator to join their team in their finished goods store in Swindon. You will be highly self motivated; a team player who can add value, with an excellent work ethic.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience, free on-site parking and a friendly working environment.
Working hours are Monday-Friday 10:00-18:00 with flexibility required during peak periods.
- Check dates on all PODs
- Check through discrepancies on DHL PODs; make sure they match what has been processed and actioned.
- Confirm dispatch orders from the previous day.
- Advise DHL of any nil stocks on current day’s orders.
- Process delivery notes throughout the day as reported & enter on to haulier spread sheets.
- Print collection notes and enter onto haulier spread sheets.
- Monitor and manage UK volumes.
- Dispatch UK deliveries – print bulks and advice notes.
- Split and sort advice notes.
- Advise hauliers of any delivery requirements.
- Transfer dispatch information to the hauliers.
- Print export bulks.
- Book up export loads
- Deal with haulier and delivery queries.
- Arrange N Ireland deliveries with DHL Express.
- Previous experience working within a fast pace transport office
- Have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Be computer literate with MS office packages and be comfortable to pick up internal systems
- Proven - problem solver; must be accurate and demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Proactive and cope well under pressure
- Must be capable of working to set processes and maintaining standards; whilst able to act on own initiative as required
This role is interviewing within the next few weeks with an immediate start for the right candidate.