|Job Type:||Temp to Perm|
|Contact Name:||Bridey Pill|
TRANSPORT CO-ORDINATOR – SWINDON - £12.09 per hour
Gap personnel acting as an employment agency currently have an opportunity for an experienced transport co-ordinator to join their team in their finished goods store in Swindon. You will be highly self-motivated; a team player who can add value, with an excellent work ethic.
£12.09 per hour, weekly pay
Sociable working hours: Monday-Friday 0800-1600 with flexibility to work 10-1800
Free on-site parking and a friendly working environment.
- Check dates on all PODs
- Check through discrepancies on DHL PODs; make sure they match what has been processed and actioned.
- Confirm dispatch orders from the previous day.
- Advise DHL of any nil stocks on current day’s orders.
- Process delivery notes throughout the day as reported & enter on to haulier spread sheets.
- Print collection notes and enter onto haulier spread sheets.
- Monitor and manage UK volumes.
- Dispatch UK deliveries – print bulks and advice notes.
- Split and sort advice notes.
- Advise hauliers of any delivery requirements.
- Transfer dispatch information to the hauliers.
- Print export bulks.
- Book up export loads
- Deal with haulier and delivery queries.
- Arrange N Ireland deliveries with DHL Express.
- Previous experience working within a fast pace transport office
- Have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Be computer literate with MS office packages and be comfortable to pick up internal systems
- Proven - problem solver; must be accurate and demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Proactive and cope well under pressure
- Must be capable of working to set processes and maintaining standards; whilst able to act on own initiative as required
This role is temporary with the view to go permanent for the right candidate.
This role is interviewing ASAP with an immediate start for the right candidate.