My client is seeking a Transport/Depot Manager to join the team based in Widnes. The experienced manager will run the depot and ensure things are running smoothly.
The role will involve managing the daily transport operation, transport planning ensuring staffing levels meet requirements and organising agency support during holiday periods, ensuring all vehicle files and service records are accurate and compliant, minimising delivery costs through optimised vehicle utilisation, ensuring legal compliance with regards to road transport and drivers hours. You will be the first point of contact for any complaints, responsible for staff training, retention and recruitment including performance management.
- Transport Manager Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) is essential
- Previous experience within a transport management capacity
- A proven ability to manage, motivate and inspire a team
- Competent problem solving skills and able to look for alternative solutions
- Passionate and willing to provide exceptional levels of customer service
- Competent administration skills
- The ability to work effectively to deadlines
- Immaculate attention to detail alongside highly accurate data entry and inputting skills
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work, with the capability to adapt to unexpected situations.
Interviews are being help week commencing 27th May.
Salary is negotiable based on experience.
If you would like to apply for the role please submit your CV for immediate review.