|Contact Name:||megan cox|
The ideal candidate will have experience working within a very busy and fast paced environment. You will need to be self-motivated, have excellent communication skills and work well as part of a team and on your own. You will be required to manage a number of vehicles and drivers in accordance with the day-to-day requirements of the company, dealing with transport and some operational issues.
We will pay up for £25,000 per annum depending on experience.
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday be 7.00am to 4.15pm and finishing at 3:15pm on Friday.
Skills/Knowledge/Experience/responsibilities & Qualification
The role will include:
- Making sure vehicles are properly maintained
- Inspecting vehicles
- Arranging repairs and routine maintenance
- Ensuring that all drivers and operators have the correct, up to date qualifications
- Reducing the risk of vehicle overloading
- Maintaining and completing accurate records
- Keeping schedules and organising team members
- Maintain and comply with all requirements of the goods vehicle operators licence.
- Vehicle planning, scheduling and pricing
- Ensure health and safety protocols are adhered to
- Customer service
- Ensure that drivers comply with hours speed limits, overloading
- Proven ability of managing a large number of drivers.
- Knowledge of transport methods, costs and benefits
- Maths knowledge
- Knowledge of engineering, science and technology
- Design skills and knowledge
- Analytical thinking skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Good attention to detail.
To apply, please forward your CV or call 01443 843499 for an informal discussion.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job