|Salary:||£30,000.00 Per Annum|
PERMANENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - £30,000 per Annum -
Are you looking for a permanent role with a company who invests in its employees?
Do you want to join a team expanding year on year?
Is that next career step you want staring at you right now?
An opportunity has become available to join a fantastic team in the logistics and transport sector based in Mansfield. I am looking for a Transport Manager on a straight perm basis to join at the earliest possible conveience - successful candidates at application level will be invited for an interview directly with the company. Employment offer subject to passing application and interview porcesses respectfully.
**Successful applicants must be able to prove they hold CPC**
What are the duties? duties are to include (but not limited too):-
- Transport and Despatch staff management (day to day management, performance reviews, recruitment, training and development, holiday and absence management).
- Vehicle Management (compliance with H&S and legal requirements, leasing arrangements, Mileage Monitoring, Service Scheduling, fuel card management).
- Overseeing transport route plans and van loads and effective use of Paragon load building software.
- Produce KPI reports
- Liaison with customer services and shop floor management to ensure that daily dispatches are planned and organised on time
- Dealing with customer queries or contacting customers regarding changes to despatch schedules.
- Overseeing safe and on time daily loading procedures
- Make recommendations to the senior management team on acquisition of fleet and amendments to process
What experience or qualifications are required?
- Ability to stay calm under pressure, multi task and prioritise workload.
- Excellent communication skills both with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Organised and successful in team management, delegation and influencing.
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK.
- Good all-round IT skills and proficiency in MS Office products including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- An enthusiastic attitude and desire to do what is required to support the business.
- This is a full-time role with 20 days holidays + bank holidays, although hours may vary depending on dispatch requirements. Comes with free car parking, auto-enrolment pension.
Standard hours between Monday and Friday are 0800 - 1730
To be considered please email your CV and evidence of CPC to Nottingham@gap-personnel.com or pick up the phone 07485329338. This position is Premiuim and will not be available for long. We will look forward to your application!