gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client who are looking for a ‘Transport Planner’ on a permanent basis.
Hours of work: 4 on/ 4 off shift pattern Days (6am – 6pm)
To take responsibility for the timely traffic panning of routes and scheduling delivery times to ensure that the customer receives a first class service in a cost effective way.
• Carry out tasks largely unsupervised to cost and quality standards
• Plan ahead – tasks and resources
• Liaise with internal/external customers to resolve problems
• Collect, analyse and distribute information/data
• Provide professional/specialist advice both internally and externally
• Developing relationships with external customer
• Specify and ensure levels of support service are in place
• Prioritise and co-ordinate workloads
• Completion of tasks to time and quality standards
• No customer complaints
• Working to budgets
• Successful working partnerships with customers, internal and external
• Delivering the right advice in a timely manner
• Achieving respect of others about your competence
• Practising safe working procedures
Specific Qualifications/Job Training:
GCSE/NVQ standard. Experience of working at a similar level
CPC Holder (National / International)
Dealing with VOSA Compliance
Problem solving/logical thinking
Working unsupervised, continually managing time and prioritising work to meet tight deadlines.
Specific Skills (4)
Computer skills – Stirling (training with be provided), Excel
Good communication skills, interaction at all levels internal an external.
Team player with a flexible Can Do Attitude
Distribution/Logistics/Supply Chain Environment
4 on / 4 off shift pattern days (6am – 6pm)
20 days holiday with includes Statutory Bank Holidays
Nest Pension Scheme
Closing date is 7th June 2019
To Apply please follow the application process for the site this job is advertised on or email your CV.