The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
UK Trade Compliance Manager
Are you an experienced Trade Compliance Specialist? Do you have the background experience of import and export activities?
gap professional is operating as an employment agency on behalf of our client who is a Global Aerospace Company located in the AL7 location, they currently have an exciting new permanent opportunity.
Our client is recruiting for an experienced, dedicated and focused UK Trade Compliance
We are recruiting for a European Trade Compliance Specialist is responsible to ensure that the Engineered Structures Business Unit and all European (including Tamworth/Low Moor/Welwyn/Hannover/Bestwig/Evron/Rosny) locations of the Division are in full compliance with the import and export laws of the European Union (EU), United Kingdom and all countries where they do business. Compliance with trade regulations will be achieved through a centralized process of classification, certification and verification of import/export activities
The European Trade Compliance Specialist ensure all European AES Operations are fully compliant with import and export regulations for the EU countries where they do business. As part of their role they will:
· Design, implement and manage a robust customs compliance program for all European locations including completion of Audit's and Self-Assessment Programs. Define responsibility for completion of activities for the European locations as it relates to EUROPEAN law and develop and define processes to perform these activities.
· Design and implement an ongoing training program on import/export awareness for European personnel, focusing on product and non-product issues and the regulations around common commodities, including, but not limited to AEO, ITAR, Routed Transactions and TOSCA.
· Lead the implementation of the new AEO and maintain IPR certifications, UK and EU licenses, acts as a liaison with government agencies (ex ECO, HMRC, etc.) as it relates to customs matters.
· Effectively communicates and partners with Arconic locations to review new and existing product and non-product transactions to identify the most efficient and effective flow-paths and methods of moving material.
· Prioritizes resolution of risks and opportunities to minimize risk to Company.
· Coordinate with the AES Global Trade Compliance team to develop and maintain a Division wide import/export matrix to include classifications, license requirements and shipment restrictions.
· Develop and implement policies and procedures for import and export activities in the areas of Compliance and Record keeping.
· Represent the Company in dealings with customers, suppliers and governmental agencies. Has Power of Attorney for UK and EU locations only, granted by BU president, to sign documents and file reports related to import/export shipments on behalf of the BU.
· Functions as an Expert resource to AES shipping locations in the area of import/export transactions, policies and procedures.
· Conducts periodic formal assessments of the EU and UK facilities of the Division to ensure that policies and procedures are properly followed and that all activities and transactions are in compliance with the appropriate import/export laws. Reports to Management on issues and opportunities, and recommends solutions and project plans.
· Proactively work with the International Transportation Department, Corporate Compliance Personnel, BU Compliance Personnel and Customs Brokers to ensure an efficient and effective process for import/export activities. Continually analyse processes and procedures for opportunities to eliminate waste, streamline for efficiency, and utilization of emerging tools and technologies with a focus on customer satisfaction and cost containment while ensuring compliance with regulations. Gain expert understanding of the Companies intermediary and anti-corruption process and determine and manage intermediary relationships as deemed necessary.
Effectively coordinate and collaborate import/export resources across all European locations to share best practices.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Outstanding mediating, negotiating and influencing skills,
Excellent Time Management Skills
Background in International Transportation/Logistics/Customs Compliance/import/export regulations required
European/UK Customs certification
Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Demonstrated ability to train, develop, and motivate
Professional degree in Business or technical field or equivalent
Minimum of 10 years’ experience within a multi-site international manufacturing environment.
Experience in the aerospace market preferred, but not essential
If this is the opportunity you have been waiting for, please apply today!
Closing date is 5th July 2019.
gap professional is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future