|Job Type:||Temp to Perm|
|Salary:||9 - 999999|
|Contact Name:||Bianca Milea|
VAN DRIVERS – SWINDON – IMMEDIATE STARTS!
gap personnel acting as an employment agency are currently recruiting for van drivers (3.5T) for an immediate start for our luxury home furnishings client based in Swindon. These roles are temporary ongoing positions with permanent roles for suitable candidates.
Our client offers free-onsite parking, a modern working environment, and great on-site facilities. Public transport routes are also frequent. Progression within the business is available with ongoing training and investment.
The role is working in a customer focused position and duties include:
- Loading and unloading the vehicles
- Delivery to customers across the UK
- Ensuring health and safety and driving rules are followed at all times
- Working in a 2 man delivery team ensuring customer service is maintained at all times
- Set up of furniture within the clients home
- Assembly of all furniture
- Quality checking and final sign off of delivery
The ideal candidate:
- Be 21 years old or above with 1 years driving experience due to insurance
- The ideal candidate needs to be comfortable with manual work as the deliveries range from hard wood furnishings, kitchens, bathrooms and can exceed 25KG in weight.
- Strong communication skills written and verbal
- Be self-motivated and have a positive attitude
- Be comfortable working long days and have flexibility with hours
- Be self aware and presentable at all times
Working hours do vary due to our client covering deliveries across the UK. Start times will be 0600 and standard days are 8-10 hours long. With longer routes you may be expected to work over 12 hours.
The pay rate for the role is:
£9.65 per hour, paid weekly.
To apply for this DRIVERS MATES position, please either submit your CV via the ‘apply now’ button or get in touch with gap personnel in Swindon.