|Job Type:||Temp to Perm|
|Contact Name:||Holly Nagle|
gap personnel (operating as an employment business) are currently looking for a Warehouse Manager to join a busy team in a well-established client based in Llantrisant.
This is for a well-known Food Production Company and you will be reporting to the Factory Manager. The role will involve managing all operations within the warehouse department, including raw material intake and the supply to the factory departments. You will be overseeing weekly and monthly stock counts and controlling on and off-site storage and waste management. The role will involve working in different departments such as Goods In, Warehouse, External Cold Storage Functions
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £25,000-£32,000 (depending on experience)
Shifts: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
- Responsible for all people management activated including absence management, disciplines, and any grievances in line with company procedures.
- Lead, Coach & motivate a team to achieve individual & departmental development
- Maximise performance via measurement, monitoring and analysis of factory information including material loss, output, utilisation, labour efficiency, quality, hygiene, and energy/waste.
- Work alongside other department managers to ensure the site runs to the highest standard possible
- Budget – ensure all controllable costs are managed including labour and material loss. Prevent the loss of same day deliveries by having adequate stock on site.
- To contribute towards maintaining and improving the site health and safety standards. There is no higher priority than safety on our site.
- Carry out all duties and specific responsibilities in compliance with Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- To ensure only raw materials including packaging from approved suppliers are accepted into the business.
- To ensure raw materials including packaging are delivered in line with agreed specifications by maintaining a robust raw material and delivery vehicle inspection process in line with relevant schedules.
- To ensure any issues with raw materials are escalated in a timely manner liaising directly with the Quality Manager to ensure resolution.
- To ensure traceability records of all incoming goods are completed fully and accurately.
- To aspire to attain the highest achievable standard of hygiene and housekeeping in the warehouse area, and maintain consistent, audit-ready standards.
- To take full responsibility for achievement of the production plan by ensuring that there are adequate material stocks on site prior to production run times to ensure there is no risk of service interruption to the customer base.
- To actively develop and work towards developing a stock control system to manage and control food ingredients and packaging materials based on the demands of the business and manage the stock level to ensure the factory is supplied in accordance with volume demands.
- To work closely with the procurement team to ensure that the purchasing of materials will not exceed use by or best before life and to also ensure that the site storage capacity is not exceeded.
- To develop problem solving & trouble shooting skills to ensure that all team members can identify root causes & take fast & effective responses to problems.
- To facilitate the development of an open culture of pro-activity where people take pride in what they do and feel a sense of involvement and self-worth.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience of FMCG Manufacturing
- Skilled in People Management
- Numerate with a clear understanding of cost drivers
- Knowledge of and experience of GMP
- Knowledge of legislation governing Food Compliance, Health & Safety, Employment Law
- Previous experience using Sage via MRP and ERP system to help control the inventory of stock
- Lead by example
- Can do approach
- Clear Communication
- Problem solving and analysis
- Attention to detail
- Employee Relations
- Commercial and financial awareness
To apply, please submit your CV or alternatively please call gap personnel on: 01443 843499.
gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment, and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing date for application is the 13th February 2022.