|Salary:||Up to £11.14 per hour plus weekly shift premium|
|Contact Name:||Olivia Hughes|
Our client based in Whitchurch, Shropshire are looking for several Warehouse Operatives and FLT Drivers to join their team on a permanent basis.
Duties to include:
- Ensure that all trailers are loaded / unloaded carefully and in a timely manner
- Ensure that all pallets are visually checked when loading / unloading a trailer, raising any discrepancies to the Bay Administrator and Zone Supervisor
- To receipt all pallets into store, accurately recording all required detail and endorsing driver’s paperwork with intake temperature and any discrepancies i.e., broken pallets, damages, dust etc.
- Working within a range of multi-temperatures, including frozen, chilled and ambient
- To accurately record the temperature of goods using provided temperature probes
- To log equipment (MHE, scanners, printers etc.) using the provided check-sheets
- Operate MHE in line with training and Health & Safety
- Ensure pallets are located carefully and sensibly, preventing damage and obstruction
- Work in line with SOP’s, SSOW and Work Instructions
- Carry out all work duties in line with trained skill and ability, including tasks at potentially lower MHE skill levels
- Attend to drivers who arrive at loading bay, deal with paperwork, keys etc.
- Report damage to product, equipment, or site to the Zone Supervisor in a timely manner
- Work across site in line with planned activity
- Keep a clean and tidy work environment
- Carry out all reasonable requests as instructed by the Management Team
- Assess own training needs and discuss with Management Team in regular feedback sessions
Successful candidates must:
- Preferably experience of working in a warehouse environment
- FLT Reach Driver certificate desirable but not essential
- An enthusiastic and proactive approach towards tasks
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work both on their own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to prioritise workload effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Be Trustworthy, show determination, openness, responsiveness, and respect.
- Company pension scheme, life assurance and wellbeing support
- Opportunity to upskill and progress as full training provided
- 28 day's holiday entitlement including bank holidays, increasing with service and progession opportunities to a maximum of 33 days
- Online retail discounts platform - save money from your food shop to holidays!
- Engagement activities - have fun while working hard!
- Earn £1000 by referring a friend
- Employee forums
- Flexibility of working hours
4 on 4 off – 7pm-7am *Plus weekly shift premium of £140
Flexible working also available: 48-hour week – 4 days per week on any set day includes weekly shift premium of £110
Manual/ Non-Skilled Warehouse Operative - £9.92 per hour *Plus weekly shift premium of £140
PPT / Fork Lift Operator - £10.25 per hour *Plus weekly shift premium of £140
Reach Truck Operator - £11.14 per hour *Plus weekly shift premium of £140