Job location: St, Neots, Cambridge PE19 8JJ
Environment: Packing & Warehouse facility
Environment Temperature: 12-14 degrees
Contract Type: Temporary on going, possible permanent contract opportunities
Business Area: Packing in either the Online or Bespoke areas
Basic Salary: £8.21 - £8.75 p/h
Hours of work: 06:00-14:00 & 14:00-22:00 rotating shift pattern Monday – Friday; including weekends, holiday entitlement at 28 days per year including Bank holidays which are normal working days for Hotel Chocolat.
Reports to: the relevant gap & Hotel Chocolat Senior Operative and Controller for their appropriate shift/department.
Breaks: 30 minutes per shift – paid
Company overview: The first Hotel Chocolat shop opened in North London in 2004, it was the start of a revolution in British chocolate. Two entrepreneurs Angus Thirlwell and Peter Harris were on a mission to make chocolate exciting again. To date Hotel Chocolat has in excess of 100 shops as well as cafes and restaurants.
Job Purpose: To pack customer orders to plan in a timely fashion, within agreed quality parameters and to work safely as an individual and as part of the team.
Duties and Accountabilities:
· Arrive on time and be ready for the start of your shift
· Ensure compliance with all health and safety systems and champion a safe working culture
· Work to and in line with production control systems
· Ensure product is produced in line with quality parameters (Specifications)
· Ensure that good manufacturing practices are maintained at all times
· Ensure compliance with jewellery and workwear policies
· Ensure compliance with all health and safety systems
· Ensure the accurate and timely completion of all paperwork if required
· To be available as required for training and be open to change as required
· Support and engage with a culture of Continuous Improvement
· Engage in a clean as you go approach to drive improved GMP
· Promote and reinforce the vision and culture of the HC brand and be an ambassador for its values
· Basic English Written and Spoken
· Basic Numeracy Skills ESOL level 2
· Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
· Manual Dexterity for applying finishing touches to orders including hand tied ribbons and gift cards
· Attention to detail to ensure excellent product presentation and stability of products during the delivery process
· Health and Safety awareness
· Knowledge of basic Food Hygiene and qualifications
· Previous food factory experience is desirable but not essential. Full training provided.
· Be enthusiastic and conscientious, with the ability to learn and work as part of a team
· Demonstrate basic PC skills, good inter-personal and communication skills, which are essential to the performance of the role
· Ensuring quality and hygiene standards are adhered to at all times
· Be comfortable wearing personal protective equipment, and follow instructions from the management team
· Have the ability to work reasonable additional hours as requested which will include Saturdays and Sundays during peak period
· Hotel Chocolat prides themselves on training, developing and recruiting from within. So there are plenty of opportunities for progression for those that apply themselves.