gap personnel group are acting on behalf of an employment agency and we are looking to recruit on behalf of our prestigious client for a Warehouse Supervisor in the Chorley area. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a leading brand company within the distribution sector.
• To review and improve the operating environment through establishing and maintaining high standards of Quality - Housekeeping, finished goods
• Ensure health and safety standards are achieved on an ongoing basis and actively promote individual responsibility for health and safety
• Analyse and maintain accurate and robust daily, weekly and monthly reporting mechanisms to monitor, control and improve performance
• Ensure all new team members are signed off on the appropriate SOP for all processes
• Monitor progress against Key Performance Indicators and costs against budget to ensure targets are reached.
• Monitor team absence and performance, taking action where necessary, ensuring weekly reviews
• Create and maintain a positive team culture and spirit, encouraging involvement from all team members when sharing group, divisional and team information
• Work with appropriate parties to provide solutions to team issues taking account of the appropriate policies and ethical practice.
• Upwards to Shift Manager
• Responsible for a team of Warehouse Operatives
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• GCSE or equivalent level of education (including Maths and English)
• Previous experience of managing and leading a team
• Excellent Communication skills including effective listening
• Good IT skills with skills in Microsoft Office & WMS
• Awareness of H&S standards
• Proven experience of delivering excellent customer service
The role could be a mixture of days and nights and will pay the following:-
Days range £11-£13
Nights range £13.20-£15.60
The rate will be dependant on experience.
Candidates can apply online or by sending their CV
Closing Date: 10th December 2019
Gap Personnel Group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job