Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client, who are you looking for a Warehouse Supervisor
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Bristol, Avon
Hours of work: Monday – Friday 40 hours per week (Day Shifts)
We are looking for an individual to draw upon existing management skills to lead by example and plan, organize and control production in the warehouse to ensure that goods are produced efficiently, on time, within budget and to standard.
- To assist in planning a production schedule in collaboration with the purchasing team.
- To implement and control the production schedule, ensuring that product is built efficiently on time and to the appropriate standard.
- Assess production plan and align head count as appropriate
- Implement and follow standing operating procedures for production operations and ensure high quality standards are always met.
- To ensure that health and safety procedures are followed, and a safe working environment maintained.
- To measure and monitor cost control efficiency.
- To implement and maintain appropriate management controls (KPI’s and monitoring).
- To design and implement improvements to the production process.
- To ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant departments.
- To maintain cleanliness and tidiness in all areas of the warehouse at all times.
- To supervise the team in your designated area and take responsibility for ensuring all policies and procedures are adhered too (timekeeping, ordering consumables, weekly maintenance etc.).
- To liaise with HR / Warehouse Shift Manager to effectively manage the agency employee staffing levels, recording any lateness, absence, holiday, replacements requested and corresponding with HR to ensure accurate information is provided for weekly payroll
· To work as a team with other individuals and colleagues in the Company, sharing knowledge when appropriate, helping colleagues and promoting a spirit of mutual respect and support.
- Understand and abide by Company and departmental rules, policies and procedures.
- To carry out other duties as requested by management from time to time.
Education and experience:
- Proven team leading and delegation skills – at least two years
- Good level and standard of UK/European education or equivalent
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Clear planning and organization skills
- Ability to coordinate and control production activities
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to pay great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of writing SOP’s and quality standards
- Flexible to work with department to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to deal with stress and cope well under pressure.
Closing date is 20th January 2020
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.