Gap personnel acting as an employment business currently has an exciting opportunity to join our client based in West Swindon for a warehouse supervisor.
They offer fantastic working hours which are Monday-Friday 0830-1630, free onsite parking and 25 days annual leave (when passed probation and permanent).
Responsible for ensuring that all sales orders fulfilled from the Swindon Warehouse are accurately picked and despatched to customers. These orders will be despatched using a combination of pallets and parcels with each being booked and recorded using the appropriate supplier on-line system.
You will be accountable for stock control, including its rotation and movements within the warehouse, ensuring that all deliveries and despatches are recorded, and regular stock counts performed.
• Report on short dated stock or low-level items
• Pick, pack and dispatch customer orders for our own websales to a high standard ensuring specific individual instructions are acknowledged
• Pack and dispatch pallets for other independent customers
• Pack and dispatch customer samples
• Recording incoming and outgoing stock
• Maintaining courier and royal mail systems for deliveries
• Communication to courier and royal mail to investigate and resolve delivery issues for the customer
• Physical Stock takes
• Receiving orders from suppliers
• Operating fork lift to move stock safely where required
Requirements for the position
• Have a strong warehouse background, this doesn’t need to be within supervising as this role is not people management and more stock management.
• Ideally will hold a current Counterbalance FLT license - but not a requirement as training will be available.
• Good communication skills – written and spoken English essential.
• Good IT skills.
• A positive, can do attitude, with an ability to problem solve.
• A team player with the ability to work independently.
• Organised and self-motivated.
• Delivers high standards of work, with great attention to accuracy, constantly striving to improve.
This role would be a fantastic opportunity for an experienced warehouse operative to take the next step in their career and the salary is negotiable depending on experience up to £22,000 per annum.
Interviews are being held ASAP with an immediate start for the right candidate.
If interested please submit a CV or call 01793 431746.