WEEKEND FOOD PACKING OPERATIVES REQUIRED / ILCHESTER/ £1000 WELCOME BONUS AVAILABLE / EXCELLENT OVERTIME RATES
gap personnel are currently recruiting for food packing operatives for our client based in Ilchester, Somerset.
You will be joining a company with nearly 60 years of product experience and development, supplying their product to all of the UK’s leading supermarkets. Full training will be provided for this role, alongside additional support to ensure you are able to complete your duties competently at all times. The site boasts modern facilities with investment made in automated machinery and were able to offer 50% of its temporary workforce for 2020, permanent job opportunities.
The role will consist of working in various packing departments where you will be responsible for:
- Working on a packing line and following client specific packed designs
- Making up packing boxes and ensure items are packed as per required volumes
- End of line duties to include weighing, palletizing, shrink wrapping and labelling
- Quality control checks of products for defects, damage, mislabelled, metal detection
The shift and pay rates are:
- Shift pattern Friday to Sunday 6am-6pm
- Basic Rate - £10.00 increasing to £10.69 per hour after full training is complete
- Shift Allowance £1.50 per hour
- Overtime rate- £20.00 per hour
- £1000 Welcome Bonus available once taken on permanent contract
The site offers superb benefits to all of its workforce such as:
- Included in all cheese sales and offers.
- Team pizza nights
- New and modern facilities
- High spec vending machines
- Free Wi-Fi on site and in all canteen’s areas
- Free tea and coffee
- All breaks paid.
- Annual pension contribution increase after year 1
This is a temporary ongoing assignment with gap personnel operating as the employment business.
To apply for this FOOD PACKING OPERATIVES position, please either submit your CV via the ‘apply now’ button or get in touch with gap personnel in Exeter on firstname.lastname@example.org / Office Call – 01392 273665