|Job Type:||Temp to Perm|
gap personnel (operating as an employment business) are currently recruiting for a weigh room operative on a temp to perm basis for a global food manufacturers based in Frome.
Due to an increase in production site and additional filling and packing lines being introduced, the site is pleased to expand their current team and are looking to recruit experienced operators with backgrounds within food manufacturing and experience at weighing batch ingredients.
Report directly to the shift manager the machine operator you will be responsible for:
- To follow recipe batch sheets to ensure all stages of production is made to correct company specification.
- To carry out the weighing and mixing of batches which includes the lifting of 25 kilo bags and containers whilst ensuring that the product is processed to customer’s specification and within quality standards.
- Weekly stock takes to ascertain stock levels, to monitor stock control, stock ordering and rotation.
- To ensure quality standards are maintained and improved upon by reducing wastage.
- To ensure the maintenance of good housekeeping and Health & Safety within the department and the site as a whole.
- To work as a team member, including showing flexibility, adaptability, and problem solving.
- Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the production management team.
You will be provided with a rotational shift pattern of:
- Monday to Friday 6am-2pm / Monday to Friday 2pm-10pm / Sunday to Thursday 10pm-6am
- Ability to follow recipes accurately.
- A good degree of manual strength and physical fitness.
- Ability to operate and understand a computerised control system.
- Ability to carry out quality tests whilst complying with Company procedures.
- Maintain accurate stock levels and complete documentation.
- Maintain accurate documentation in accordance with existing procedures.
- Comply with quality standards, whilst showing an ability to understand and recognize where improvements are required.
- Be aware of Food Hygiene and Safety legislation, Food Safety and Factory rules and comply at all times.
- Understanding of pipe routing, incorporating valve settings, pasteuriser, homogeniser settings.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to use own initiative and have excellent concentration skills.
Your pay rate will be – £8.72 per hour (6am-2pm / 2pm-10pm) - £9.22 per hour (10pm-6am) rising to £21,907.95 after completing your 6 month probationary period with further salary increases to £22,368.67 after completing based on additional responsibilities being taken.
Please be aware that this role requires accuracy, attention to detail and to follow strict H&S processes and procedures. The site is able to provide you with continuous market-leading training with a clear and structured career development plan with incremental salary increases as you become experienced throughout multiple machines.
As part of our ongoing battle to manage Coronavirus, all applicants will be asked a specific questionnaire and we are able to complete remote registrations to ensure all candidates are in a safe and managed environment.
gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgments solely on suitability for the job
To Apply – Please EMAIL your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference ‘YEOWEIGH’ and one of the team will call you back. Due to our team working remotely from home please do not call the office number – we will call you.