Gap Personnel (operating as an employment business) are currently looking for Wood Cutting Machinists to join a busy team in a well-established client based in Aberdare.
The position is responsible for setting and operating wood cutting machinery to produce cut parts with that is within set specification and to acceptable levels of quality, ready for frame assembly.
Contract: This is a temporary on-going position which could lead to permanent for the right candidates.
Salary: £10.11, overtimes are paid at x1.5 and you will also be earning a bonus depending on targets met.
Shifts: Monday-Thursday 7.30am - 4.30pm, Friday 7.30am - 12.30pm
The ideal candidate must:
- Have minimum of two years’ experience in wood cutting manufacturing working on various machines including Rip Saw, Band Saw, Cross Cut, Beam Saw, CNC Drill, Salvador, clipper, etc
- Able to undertake physically demanding tasks, e.g. manual handling, standing for long periods
Your duties will include but not be subjected to:
- Machining and preparing wood milled parts that meet the planned schedule.
- Setting and operating machines to produce product with consistent results that is within specification and to acceptable levels of quality.
- Correctly read drawings, use measuring equipment to measure dimensions whilst maintaining high standards of workmanship.
- To understand the risks, control measures and safety devices for the equipment operated and surrounding areas.
To apply, please submit your CV or alternatively please call gap personnel on 01443 843499.
Gap Personnel Group are committed to the selection, recruitment, and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing date for application is the 30th of May 2021.