|Salary:||£35,000 - £40,000|
Are you an experienced Workshop Manager looking for a new and exciting opportunity ?
Would you like to work for a leading UK joinery business with a long and successful history and achievable strategic growth plans ?
- Ensure operatives always have enough work available and reduce downtime when applicable.
- Manage employees, ensuring that they are working in accordance to the production plan, company policies and procedures.
- Manage and control the movement of product through all stages of manufacturing.
- Control quality and ensure all team members are following the quality standards.
- Control compliance ensuring the correct products a being used as outlined within the technical standard.
- Ensure all components are available before issuing work into the production lines and liaise on a regular basis with the General Manager as to any production problems that may arise i.e. shortage of materials, lack of labour.
- Monitor production output ensuring teams are on target to achieve forecasted volumes.
- Manage the maintenance of equipment ensuring the teams have maintained and safe equipment.
- Manage and lead as an example of the implementation of the OSHE Management System ensuring all policies and procedures are followed.
- To maintain good housekeeping standards across the department including the correct disposal of waste.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to convey facts and ideas clearly, accurately, effectively and persuasively both orally and in writing
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to build effective team relationships, ensuring that team members are committed to departmental objectives
- Leading by example and demonstrates leadership on a day to day basis
- Ensure quality service levels are maintained and continuously improved upon, whilst being totally focused on product care
- Handle multiple issues under pressure, planning and prioritising clearly and demonstrating a logical structured approach to problem solving
- Experience gained in Joinery Manufacturing
Gap Professional are acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of its client
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible.
Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future