The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
Gap personnel acting as an employment agency are currently recruiting for a workshop team leader to join our client in Swindon on a permanent basis.
Sociable working hours of 0815-1630 Monday-Friday with a 45 minute lunch
Your main duty is to ensure that all manufactured assemblies and refurbishments are produced to specified quality standards and within specified timescale. To operate safely, efficiently and flexibly at all times, maximising production output and quality to achieve Key Performance Indicators. You will be reporting to the production manager and managing a team of 3.
- To contribute in the Refurbishment, kitting and warehouse areas.
- To maintain order, cleanliness and safety in the Production and Warehouse areas, maintaining Workshop & Assembly Standards and Warehouse Standards at all times
- To ensure Stock Integrity is maximised at all times
- To work closely with Warehouse staff to ensure goods are available to meet customer schedules
- To be flexible and to undertake additional duties and/or responsibilities as our customers’ needs dictate
- Undertaking all new assembly, refurbishment and kitting duties as directed by the Production Manager
- Timely and accurate reporting to the Production Manager of any issues e.g. stock availability, quality concerns, consumables etc. that will impact the due date of any job
- Actively monitoring & developing your own skills, reviewing regularly with the Production Manager
- Undertaking Warehouse related activities for Goods In, Goods Out and Warehousing as directed by the Warehouse Supervisor, following all Abbeychart Goods In and Goods Out procedures to achieve specified quality, output and timescale
- Other duties that may be required to ensure the smooth running of the company.
The ideal candidate:
- Have some supervisory experience previously
- Be a confident communicator
- Be keen to learn and progress within the role as this position has the change to progress into a supervisor role
- Have a good eye for detail and strong quality control experience
This role is interviewing now with an immediate start for the right person.
Our client is offering a starting salary of £20,000 per annum (negotiable for the right person)