Quality Control / Vehicle Inspection – Portbury
gap personnel are currently recruiting for 2 Quality Control technicians for the largest used-vehicle marketplace in the UK and Europe. Operating in 10 countries, 60 different locations and selling 1.3 million vehicles per annum.
This is an exciting opportunity to join, a fast-paced company that drive the values of their business through their employees. The role is a 12-week temp to perm to those that can demonstrate a strong work ethic, good time-keeping and quickly understand the responsibilities of the job. Internal promotion is then further available through the sites multiple departments.
Main purpose of a Quality Control Foreman.
Reporting to the Quality Control Manager you will assist with the daily operations of a busy auction centre.
Main Responsibilities for a Quality Control Foreman.
- Undertake any reasonable task requested by your QC Team Leader/Foreman
- Ensure operations are carried out in accordance with Site Health & Safety requirements
- Carry out basic standard vehicle preparation (to the customers’ requirements)
- Quality Control of vehicles using workshop scanners
- Closing work lines down on the workshop computer system
- Identify and report any damage to the vehicle
- Moving vehicles in/out of the workshop and relocating them using the workshop scanners
- You should be self-motivated
- Previous experience within a dextrous or assembly environment such as PCB/small componentry
- Attention to detail is paramount
- Comfortable to work under pressure to strict deadlines
- Flexible with the ability to work overtime if required
- Work well on your own or as a team member
- Have a valid full UK driving licence
- Computer literate to all MS and excel packages
- Monday To Friday 6am-2pm or 2pm-10pm (non-rotational)
- £8.90ph for 6am-2pm shift - £10.20ph for 2pm-10pm shift
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.