The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
Gap personnel acting as an employment business are currently recruiting for yard operatives with counterbalance forklift licenses for our national client based in Hungerford. They are going through an exciting period of growth and need candidates who are keen to secure a permanent role and aid in the smooth running of the depot.
Night shifts may be available at a later date
£8.75-£9.00 per hour when on probation, weekly pay
Main Purpose of the job:
To complete day-to-day activities within the depot ensuring full compliance with all Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental procedures. Activities will be completed efficiently and to a high standard, ensuring the depot provides a first class service to customers and business alike.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Completing depot requirements by organising and completing quality maintenance of all products
• Responsible for completing depot duties within strict timeframes
• Developing a safe working environment by adhering to all necessary health and safety requirements and legislation
• Monitoring of companies equipment and tools with daily checks
• Compliance with method of work (method statements)
• Ability to identify damage to products and understand damage procedures
• Promoting company image/brand including wearing appropriate P.P.E.
• Identifying areas of the business where improvements can be made
• Completion of all daily paperwork required
• Able to manage the loading and unloading of vehicles on time in full
• Must be flexible and willing to work within all depot departments
• Continuous drive and determination to deliver the highest standards possible
- Own transport due to location
- A valid counterbalance license
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a small team
- Be able to adapt workload priorities due to changing customer requirements and work to deadlines
- The role is based in the yard and you do need to be comfortable working outside in all weather conditions
- Be comfortable with manual work as some of the products can vary in size