- Sandycroft, Deeside, UK
- General operatives, Order pickers / packers, Quality assurance, Recycling operatives / advisors, Site maintenance, Waste and Recycling,
The main purpose of the job is to sort wastepaper on manual picking line to a quality standard. Operate sort-line and change sorting tasks on TOMRA units including faults and defect reporting. General housekeeping duties as required, as instructed by the depot supervisor or manager.
Pay and working hours
· Monday to Friday working 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm or 10pm-6am
· £10.42 per hour
· Sort wastepaper on manual picking line to a quality standard
· Operate sort-line and change sorting tasks
· General housekeeping duties as required
· Ensuring relevant allocated tasks from the Safety and management systems are completed
· Operating conveyor controls and other static plant according to the training given, and within site rules.
· Ensuring that Instructions from supervisory and management personnel are followed.
· To monitor other personnel working at or visiting the depot and to ensure that they are complying with site rules, and to promptly report breaches
· To promptly report quality/complaints or unexpected problems.
· To share responsibility for health and safety of the team.
· To carry out any other such reasonable job related tasks as the company may require you to undertake from time to time.
· Able to communicate verbally & read and understand simple information relating to daily work.
· Able to operate sorting conveyors and Tomra units as trained
· Able to carry out basic checks and fault finding on fixed plant
· Able to carry out a range of manual handling duties
· Able to work unsupervised, and act on own initiative within guidelines set by the company
Expiry Date: 06.03.2024
If this role is permanent, gap personnel is operating as the employment agency. If this job is a temporary role, gap personnel is operating as the employment business. gap personnel is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job
Whilst we endeavor to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future