- Knowsley Business Park, Unity Grove, Knowsley, Prescot, UK
- Temp to perm,
- Hygiene Operative Knowsley Business Park
Gap Personnel who are operating as an employment business are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for Hygiene Operatives for a food production company based in Knowsley Business Park area.
The position is ongoing with a possibility of going into a permanent contract for suitable candidates.
Hours of work:
10pm – 6am
· £11.01 per hour
· £1.50 per hour shift allowance for working between the hours of 10pm – 6am
Working as part of the hygiene team to ensure excellent standards are maintained as well as supporting the smooth running of production.
Main duties and responsibilities:
· To remove the waste of any product left over from production
· To clean equipment and facilities to the standards as set out by site and customer standards
· Follow Standard Operating Procedures for completion of hygiene tasks
· Clean down of machinery and production areas as per Standard Operating Procedures
· Ensure all chemicals are used as specified and within procedures outlined
· Ensure that floors are swept and cleared down as appropriate
· Completion of line wash downs in a timely and consistent manner including changeovers
· Build-up of machinery after hygiene work has been completed
· Raise any training issues with HR or the Training Manager
· Maintain a clean as you go area and demonstrate good manufacturing practice (GMP)
· Support the need for change and actively get involved in continually looking for ways to improve performance
· Takes part in continuous improvement activities and contribute suggestions to improve line performance
· Help during changes on the line learning new skills as required
· Work on different lines and areas where required
· Comply with all company procedures and codes of practice to ensure a safe and hygienic workplace
· Complete regular/routine tasks without being asked
· Focus on attention to detail and maintaining high standards
· Other duties relating to this role and production environment
Knowledge and Experience
· At least 2-3 years of experience in a fast-paced food manufacturing environment
· Previous experience working with high pressure water and/or chemicals will be advantageous
· Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to take direction
· ability to challenge others in a professional and constructive manner
· knowledge of chemicals and machinery which is used in the clean down process
· understanding of environmental requirements and responsibilities
Role success Factors
Shows safety awareness and will take a step back to consider the safety aspect before ‘diving in’ to complete the task.
Try. Try. Try.
Resilience. Never gives up. Always finds a way.
Just Do It.
Effective Execution. Makes things happen.
Works with all people at all levels, internal and external, through listening and adjusting their language and communication style where required. Good verbal and written English.
Understands the business need to service and deliver quality to the customer.
Works and interacts with colleagues to do what is best for the Company as a whole, ahead of personal goals.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Interested candidates can send their CV to email@example.com
Gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment, and development of the best people, basing judgment solely on suitability for the job.
If this role is permanent, gap personnel is operating as the employment agency. If this job is a temporary role, gap personnel is operating as the employment business. gap personnel is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job
Whilst we endeavor to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future