- Worcester, UK
- Temp to perm,
Job Title: Warehouse Operative
Location: Norton, Worcester
Working hours: 06:00 – 14.30 Monday to Friday or 09:30 – 18:00 Monday to Friday
Pay: £ 12.50 p/h after when on perm £26'000 per annum
Contract: Temporary ongoing
We are currently recruiting for 2 Warehouse Operative for a warehouse based in Norton, Worcester. They are global aviation industry, delivering time-critical logistics services at over 250 locations in more than 60 countries, across six continents.
The role requirements are to complete various warehouse tasks using FLT Bendi Flexi. Part of your role will be driving a Van to deliver emergencies parts. Full UK driving licence required – no more than 6x points
About the role:
· FLT Bendi Flexi required for this role, but its not essential. Inhouse training will be provided. FLT Counterbalance license in date will be required as minimum.
- Need to be on call 1 week in every 6x weeks from 6pm – 6am and if called out will be paid 1.5x hourly rate ( will complete normal working shifts on this week also) and also 1x weekend in every 3x weeks on call.
- Co-operate fully with the sites safety requirements.
- Receive deliveries of customer stock from trailers into warehouse. Check quantities, record receipt and pass on paperwork
- Pick and pack customer orders to achieve agreed turn-round targets, dispatching orders with appropriate paperwork. Both full pallet and manual case/break picked from the racking and ground locations.
- Load trailers with customer goods in timely manner
- Put away of customer goods from the warehouse floor into the racking.
- Manual handling of products
- Signing for and accepting responsibility for tasks that have been completed.
- Housekeeping, both physical completion and hygiene checks.
- Stock integrity and quality checks.
- Keep warehouse and outside forecourts clean and tidy including shelf dusting, keeping gangways clear and litter removal.
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
- 06:00 – 14.30 Monday to Friday or 09:30 – 18:00 Monday to Friday
- 1 hour lunch break
- £12.50 p/h basic pay
- Overtime after 40 hours at the rate of £18.75
- FLT Bendi Flexi license, if not, inhouse training provided,but MUST have at least FLT counterbalance in date license
- Good communication & team working skills
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills
- A professional manner
- Experience operating within a warehouse environment
- MHE – Articulated/Counterbalance/PPT licenses preferable
- Good computer literacy (Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Good organizational and time management skills
- To be proactive
Successful candidates we be a pro-active team worker, liaising and co-operating with all members of staff. Operate within the confines of company policy and procedure requirements, including integrity and confidentiality in respect of the business. Abide by health and safety legislation in respect of yourself and others.
Sound like the job for you? Click APPLY to upload your CV and one of our friendly team will be in contact. Don’t have a CV? Call the office on 01452 302852 and we will help you with your registration.
gap personnel is acting as an employment business
If this role is permanent, gap personnel is operating as the employment agency. If this job is a temporary role, gap personnel is operating as the employment business. gap personnel is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job
Whilst we endeavor to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future