- Avonmouth, Bristol, UK
- Temp to perm,
- Goods in / goods out, Other Specialisms, Team leaders / supervisors, Warehouse and Logistics,
Location: Avonmouth, BS11
Job Role: Night Shift Inbound / Outbound Process Supervisor
Hours: Monday to Friday – Shift start, and finish times may vary although core hours are 11pm to 8am dependant on volumes.
Hourly Rate: £13.90 - £16.58 per hour dependant on experience
Role Type: Temporary to Permanent
gap personnel Bristol are acting as an employment business, currently working in partnership with a leading parcel delivery service. gap personnel are currently looking for a Night shift Inbound / Outbound Process Supervisor based in Avonmouth, Bristol BS11. As a supervisor you will join a team where you will become a key and valued leader providing support to the warehouse.
· Planning and organising teams to ensure that operational requirements and service levels are achieved.
- Ensure that the teams are fully trained and performing in line with their job roles, compliant in all policies.
- Management of staff holidays ensuring a maximised shift efficiency
- Take responsibility for shift Health and Safety issues in conjunction with company Health and Safety guidelines and audit findings to resolve any areas for improvement.
- Manage use of temporary employees through close monitoring, briefing and motivation to ensure performance criteria is met.
- To control and monitor security of both premises and goods by continual vigilance and use of company security procedures.
- Plan contingencies to minimise business risk and ensure that all requirements are continually met.
- Daily reporting requirements and scheduling as necessary.
- Floor walking to ensure all best practice is being followed.
- Audit compliance, infringements and returns are all dealt with in a time manner.
· Previous experience in a supervisory role or team management.
· IOSH qualified desirable.
· Solid understanding and use of Microsoft packages including Excel.
· Solid understanding of cost controls, data reports, MI and KPI metrics.
· Strong Operational knowledge of the end-to-end process.
· Must be able to work on own initiative in a pressurised environment to tight deadlines.
If you are interested, please get in touch on 0117 911 7111 or click Apply Now!
If this role is permanent, gap personnel is operating as the employment agency. If this job is a temporary role, gap personnel is operating as the employment business. gap personnel is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job
Whilst we endeavor to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future