- Exeter, Devon, England
- Temp to perm,
Manufacturing Technician - 2-Shift Rotational
Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2
Basic Pay Rate: £12.47ph + 12.5% shift allowance
Total Hourly Pay Rate: £14.03ph
gap personnel Exeter are currently recruiting for Manufacturing Technicians on a 2 shift rotational, based within the manufacturing department at global manufacturing giants Howmet Aerospace, located at Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2.
Experience is desirable, however not essential as the site offer full and extensive training specific to each department. The site boasts superb onsite facilities such as: Subsidised hot food canteen, multiple vending machines, break-out areas, temp to perm opportunities, free carpark, additional local food amenities, additional career progression opportunities.
You will be joining a company of innovators and makers. Howmet are transforming the future of flying and driving with high-performance engineered solutions that are paired with advanced manufacturing expertise. The site help make quieter, more fuel-efficient engines for airplanes and gas turbines. Their market-leading aluminium wheels help trucks save fuel and reduce maintenance while rolling in style. The site is solely focused on 2 factors: Quality & Safety.
As a Manufacturing Operator your main responsibilities are:
- High level of focus around EH&S.
- Attention to detail and strong quality focus.
- Final inspection of products
- Operating of machinery for loading and process of components
- Management of department machinery, test runs and identifying any faults
- Working flexibly withing a small team to ensure all process roles are covered.
- Following Howmet Business System (HSB) principles to drive strong product efficiency. (Participating in problem solving and improvement activities).
- To carry out any other reasonable duty as may be required.
Shift and Pay Rates
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 6am-2pm / 2pm-10pm
- Basic Pay Rate: £12.47ph +12.5% shift allowance
- Total Hourly Pay Rate: £14.03ph
- Overtime Pay Rate: £16.62ph - £24.93ph
Within this department, you will benefit from having experience or transferable skills such as; Previous workshop experience, shot blasting experience, machine cutting, use of hand tools engineering background, finishing, polishing, machine preparation & finishing and plenty of opportunity for overtime.
Successful candidates will be a pro-active team worker, liaising and co-operating with all members of staff. Operate within the confines of company policy and procedure requirements, including integrity and confidentiality in respect of the business. Abide by health and safety legislation in respect of yourself and others.
All suitable candidates will complete a site interview, medical health assessment, drug & alcohol test and induction prior to starting their assignment.
If this role sounds the job for you then click APPLY now.
gap personnel is operating as an employment business.
If this role is permanent, gap personnel is operating as the employment agency. If this job is a temporary role, gap personnel is operating as the employment business. gap personnel is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job
Whilst we endeavor to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future