- Newton Abbot, Devon, England
Production Team Leader
Job Type: Permanent / Night Shift 10pm - 6am
Location: Newton Abbot, Devon
Salary: £31,000 per annum
gap personnel Exeter, are recruiting for a Production Team Leader on a permanent basis for our client who is a market leading manufacturer in Newton Abbot, Devon.
The main responsibly of the role is to ensure that the section’s activities are planned and operated in a manner that ensures service levels to both internal and external customers are maintained.
As a Production Team Leader your duties will include:
- Lead production meetings ensuring effective and efficient use of all resources, e.g. people, materials and equipment.
- Identify significant problems through analysis of daily production issues.
- Maintain a high standard of general discipline with the team and ensure all team. members work in accordance with operational guidelines.
- Apply lean manufacturing skills 5S, TPM.
- Communicate accurate delivery times and capacity schedules to internal staff as appropriate.
- Oversee production processes and ensuring standard operating procedures are current and accurate.
- Identify and organise relevant training requirements of production staff.
- Ensure all staff use appropriate PPE and that they are working with due regard for health, safety and environment, support and participate in risk assessments.
- Do other duties that are appropriate to experience, and qualification as directed by management.
- Good IT skills and understands MRP systems – preferably AX.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing.
- Experience of leading a team.
- ILM Level 3 (preferred).
Working Hours & Pay:
- Monday to Thursday - 10pm - 6am
- 25 Days annual leave + bank holidays
- £31,000 per annum (including 20% Shift Allowance)
- Bonus Incentive Scheme
- Onsite parking
Due to the site location your own transport is beneficial due to shift times.
Please be aware that this advert will remain open until the vacancy is filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment
Due to the volume of applications, we are not always able to provide individual feedback, therefore if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of your application, unfortunately this will indicate that you have been unsuccessful.
If this role is permanent, gap personnel is operating as the employment agency. If this job is a temporary role, gap personnel is operating as the employment business. gap personnel is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job
Whilst we endeavor to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future