- Paignton, Devon, England
Management Accountant / Finance Manager (6-9 Months Temporary)
We are recruiting for a Management Accountant or Finance Manager who is available immediately for a 6-9 Month temporary assignment based in Paignton.
Working within a small and friendly team, you will provide support in the preparation and reporting of the management accounts, support audit requests, reconciling and supervising the finance departments transactional activities including purchase/sales ledger, reconciliations, payroll and other finance related duties.
- Support the preparation of the monthly management accounts and group reporting
- Manage accruals and prepayments
- Weekly Cash flow forecasting
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns and managing the Deferred VAT account as well as any other queries with HMRC
- Prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations monthly, including a thorough review of the GRNI, down payments and key account for specific suppliers as well as payroll/pension accounts
- Provide support on all audit requests, collating and retrieving as required
- Supervise daily reconciliation of bank accounts and allocations to customer accounts
- Supervise the preparation of the weekly/monthly BACS run in line with cash flow
- Make payments as required using the banking portal
- Supervise all credit control processes including allocating cash to customer accounts and chasing debt as required
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Maintain communication & flexibility.
- Ability to accept instructions
- Experience managing a small team.
- Conformance to company terms and conditions.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Strong team player
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified.
- 3 plus years’ experience in a similar role
- The ability to analyse and solve problems
- MS Office
- Attention to detail
- Experience working with Finance packages including SAP S4 HANA and Cognos BI or similar
- 6-9 Month Temporary Assignment (with potential for permanent opportunities or extension).
- On-site ideally but some flexibility to work 2 days from home once training is completed
- Paignton – candidates must live within commuting distance, good public transport links and parking available on site.
Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday
- 8.00am – 5pm, with an hour for lunch
Salary and Benefits:
- £14.42 - £16.83 per hour (£30,000 - £35,000 pro rata) 40 hour week – Rate depending on experience.
Please be aware that this advert will remain open until the vacancy is filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment
Due to the volume of applications, we are not always able to provide individual feedback, therefore if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of your application, unfortunately this will indicate that you have been unsuccessful.
If this role is permanent, gap personnel is operating as the employment agency. If this job is a temporary role, gap personnel is operating as the employment business. gap personnel is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job
Whilst we endeavor to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future